Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS430 - Mirror Dip in Reverse issue

I’ve been having issues with the passenger mirror dipping when I put the car in reverse, it dips a few degrees but then stops. It does this more often than not now and it only started a few weeks ago.

The switch is always kept in the L position and the mirror controls on that door work fine as I can move it as far down (and all other directions) as possible using the manual controls.

I have tried moving it all the way down in reverse manually to set the “memory” but this hasn’t helped.

Any tips to resolve this?

It sounds like the mirror sense position switches are playing up .

To avoid removing the glass try spraying some WD40 in behind the mirror glass using the extension nozzle pipe then use the position control to work the mirror up and down a few times.

I may have picked this up wrong but is the issue its not dipping far enough, or its dipping? If the latter its supposed to do that - but electrics can be odd in these cars I will give you an example...  My car is an Irish one so the speedo was in KPH - if I opened the drivers door the "passenger door is open" warning came on, and neither of the mirrors dipped in reverse but occasionally the passenger one would. The drivers mirror would not move up or down (but left and right were ok) Also the "lights on" bong never bonged. Fast forward and I changed the pod over for a UK one and now not only are the mirrors dipping when I hit reverse the lights on "bong" is back and the drivers mirror moves in all directions. Go figure (as they say)