Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre size options for the 2008 ISF

Hello,

Im looking to increase the foot print of the car.

After a bit of research im thinking of the running the following:

Fronts - 245 40 19

Rears 275 35 19

Will I experience any tyre rub, day to day driving, and also when turning the wheels on full lock?

thank you

8 hours ago, BTCC_ Racer said:

Hello,

Im looking to increase the foot print of the car.

After a bit of research im thinking of the running the following:

Fronts - 245 40 19

Rears 275 35 19

Will I experience any tyre rub, day to day driving, and also when turning the wheels on full lock?

thank you

Pretty sure I read this on my ISF without incident.  It was a 2008.

For some reason I found that Goodyear Eagle F1s would last twice as long as Michelin or Continentals and still performed superbly

You should be fine with those sizes on the stock wheels. A lot of people upgrade to those sizes. 

With aftermarket rims, I've read people go as far as 285 on the front and 305 on the rear with no issues. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4969_LXS said:

You should be fine with those sizes on the stock wheels. A lot of people upgrade to those sizes. 

With aftermarket rims, I've read people go as far as 285 on the front and 305 on the rear with no issues. 

Thanks for this, I just don’t want any arch rub when pressing on over B roads in keeping the car oem as possible but 225 on the front is just to narrow and I think with the geo done you can dial in a nice set up.

Hopefully someone is running the proposed tyre setup who can confirm 100% before I commit to tyres. My rears have still got life in them but as I’m having wheels freshened up it would be a perfect time to change the tyres:

1 hour ago, BTCC_ Racer said:

id want to keep the oem profile for comfort. 35/30 is really going to loose the comfort part.

The profile is a percentage of the width not a fixed figure, so compared to 225/40 and 255/35 you only actually lose 2.125mm ride height by going to 245/35, and 3.375mm of going to 275/30.

It's not really something that should be noticeable, I.E the transition from stock Bridgestones to stock size Michelins would be much more pronounced due to the change of tyre wall composition.

• Like 1

I'm running

Fronts: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 245/35 R19 Y (93)

Rears: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 275/30 R19 Y (96) 

Never noticed any rubbing issues. Pretty compliant ride comfort if on the firm side.

• Like 1

I've kept the same profile size as OEM but i'm running 255 for the fronts and 275 for the rears....no problems

As the Goodyear eagle F1 tyres....i've tried them and they cause a significant swaying when driving on motorways....not sure why but i couldn't wait to replace them back for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

17 minutes ago, simranjit Jhita said:

I've kept the same profile size as OEM but i'm running 255 for the fronts and 275 for the rears....no problems

As the Goodyear eagle F1 tyres....i've tried them and they cause a significant swaying when driving on motorways....not sure why but i couldn't wait to replace them back for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Thats interesting, what Eagle F1 tyres were they?  I was using the Assymetric 5 and was brilliant, though previous Assymetric 3 was rubbish.  Only done 1000miles on my new Supersports but will be looking to change to something else when they wear. Previously found the MPS4S to wear too quickly and didn't notice the performance benefit.

I honestly cant remember which version they were, it was about 7/8 years ago, i just remember being so disappointed with constant wobble.....so much so i spoke to good year directly, apparently was a known issue on other vehicles but not for the lexus.