Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Hi Just Bought My First Lexus nx 300h  and new to this forum....Would welcome any advice and information / experiences others have with this car  many Thanks Ron

A warm welcome to you Ronnie.

Tell us a bit about yourself,why you came to buy a Lexus and what did you leave to buy the Lexus. Any pictures?

Advice?

Read and digest the Handbook.

Tell us of your difficulties, if any.

Remember you now drive a Lexus. It is not like any other car you have had, so prepare to be pleasantly surprised.

Do contribute to the Forum where and whenever you can. 

• Like 1

Hi Ronnie

Welcome to the forum. If there is anything you need to know this is the place! I assume from your location you will be dealing with Lexus Edinburgh? 8 rate them highly having had a NX300H for 4 years from 2018 to earlier this year. I thoroughly recommend the car -it was well built, reliable and economical- I averaged 42mpg - and other than annual servicing I never had reason to call upon the garage. I have now got a NX450h+ and the Lexus magic continues. As they say -drive a Lexus and you will experience amazing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Many Thanks ken for your reply..Yes I Did Buy The Car From Lexus Edinburgh ..I Must say The Customer Service is Second to none ..The experience was very Favourable  This is my first lexus although i have fancied the Brand for some considerable time now..and after driving the car it has exceeded all expectations in relation to reliability,style comfort and not forgetting all the gizzmo,s it has to offer...I Did However phone the previous owner whose name was in the handbook who reassuringly told me that he had never had any problems whatsoever with the car in the two years he owned it..GREAT NEWS KEN..May i thank you once again for taking the time to reply to my initial comments and would love to keep in touch with you..Regards Ron

• Like 3

I’ve owned two NX300h and can thoroughly recommend them - a great vehicle.

No real issues to look out for. As with any Lexus based on my experience they’re beautifully made. The 300h isn’t a ball of fire, but drive smoothly and calmly and it will reward you with a relaxed driving experience. 

I averaged 38-42mpg in mine. You’ve made a fine choice. Reliable, practical, good looking and with build quality second to none. Welcome to Lexus!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Many Thanks ken for your reply..Yes I Did Buy The Car From Lexus Edinburgh ..I Must say The Customer Service is Second to none ..The experience was very Favourable  This is my first lexus although i have fancied the Brand for some considerable time now..and after driving the car it has exceeded all expectations in relation to reliability,style comfort and not forgetting all the gizzmo,s it has to offer...I Did However phone the previous owner whose name was in the handbook who reassuringly told me that he had never had any problems whatsoever with the car in the two years he owned it..GREAT NEWS KEN..May i thank you once again for taking the time to reply to my initial comments and would love to keep in touch with you..Regards Ron

Hi again Ron

Happy to keep in touch and as others have said you have made a great choice of car. Customer Service that I have experienced from Lexus Edinburgh has been outstanding and indeed this played a very significant part in my purchase of my first NX. Enjoy wafting along in your Lexus!

10 hours ago, Ken R said:

Hi again Ron

Happy to keep in touch and as others have said you have made a great choice of car. Customer Service that I have experienced from Lexus Edinburgh has been outstanding and indeed this played a very significant part in my purchase of my first NX. Enjoy wafting along in your Lexus!

I’m a customer of Lexus Edinburgh and my experience has been pretty mixed tbh.

I did business with them a few years back and had 2 GS back to back which I really enjoyed owning. The service at that time was first class and I had no complaints whosoever.

I placed an order for a new 450h+ in October last year and have had a few hiccups along the way. Probably not worth going into detail, but let’s just say customer service was not a patch on 10 years ago.

I talked to the service dept a couple of weeks ago to arrange to bring my car in for the 2 recall checks and to check out an annoying “door not shut” notification on the app. I asked for a loan car and was told “we don’t do that”, then I asked if they could give me a lift to and from a local hotel. (I live a bit from them and am staying overnight) Again I was told they don’t do that due to COVID. The guy then went on to say that there is a bus stop right outside the showroom.

As you might imagine I was a bit taken aback by this, but eventually we agreed a loan car would be made available. 
To my mind this is a long way short of what I would consider good customer service and certainly far short of service I had received a few years back.

Anyway, I’m taking the car in later today and subject to how things go I may end up talking to their customer service manager.

Having said all that I am enjoying my new car and am not going to let the dealers shortcomings spoil that!

• Like 2

I bought my NX new just over 4 years ago. Over that time I have covered 21,000 miles and averaged 41.3 mpg.

Nothing has gone wrong with the exception of the tyres splitting between the tread which is not a fault of Lexus. I changed the tyres for some Continental all season tyres and it was the best thing I have done. The car is so much quieter and it really does make a huge difference to the comfort levels. 4 months after fitting them I still pass comment on the huge improvement every time we go out in the car.      Others have had fitted Michelin cross climates and say the same thing.

So if you want to transform the car, can I suggest you get some premium all season tyres fitted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumps said:.

Nothing has gone wrong with the exception of the tyres splitting between the tread which is not a fault of Lexus. 

Just curious,Paul…what were the original tyres that you replaced?  Yokohamas?

6 hours ago, zanderblue said:

I’m a customer of Lexus Edinburgh and my experience has been pretty mixed tbh.

I did business with them a few years back and had 2 GS back to back which I really enjoyed owning. The service at that time was first class and I had no complaints whosoever.

I placed an order for a new 450h+ in October last year and have had a few hiccups along the way. Probably not worth going into detail, but let’s just say customer service was not a patch on 10 years ago.

I talked to the service dept a couple of weeks ago to arrange to bring my car in for the 2 recall checks and to check out an annoying “door not shut” notification on the app. I asked for a loan car and was told “we don’t do that”, then I asked if they could give me a lift to and from a local hotel. (I live a bit from them and am staying overnight) Again I was told they don’t do that due to COVID. The guy then went on to say that there is a bus stop right outside the showroom.

As you might imagine I was a bit taken aback by this, but eventually we agreed a loan car would be made available. 
To my mind this is a long way short of what I would consider good customer service and certainly far short of service I had received a few years back.

Anyway, I’m taking the car in later today and subject to how things go I may end up talking to their customer service manager.

Having said all that I am enjoying my new car and am not going to let the dealers shortcomings spoil that!

Disappointed to hear this as Lexus Edinburgh have been absolutely brilliant during the time that I have dealt with them. From reception, sales and service the personnel have all been first class and I have always felt that I was welcome. I too ordered a NX450h+ last September (to replace my NX300h) with an initial delivery indication January. Obvious circumstances in the industry delayed this (which suited me) but I was kept fully informed and finally took delivery in March. My recall visit was done whilst I waited in the showroom and was well looked after with coffee and cake.

Agree that the car is outstanding and have only filled up with petrol once in 2200 miles - and still got a couple of gallons in the tank.

5 hours ago, LenT said:

Just curious,Paul…what were the original tyres that you replaced?  Yokohamas?

Yes Len they were Yokohamas. TBH I was glad to get them off. The car is so much better now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links