Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time to leave Lexus after many glorious years :(

After many years of driving Lexus cars it's now time to own a BEV car as my yearly mileage is only around 3k.  I would love the RZ but I will think it'll be too rich for me so I've ordered a Kia GT-Line S AWD.  I did look at the UX300e but it wasn't for me and I wanted a BEV built on a dedicated platform.  I was intending to p/x the Lexus when I get the Kia (possibly late Autumn-early Winter) but I have decided to sell the car back to a Lexus Centre whilst the used car values are still fairly high.  It's an RX Takumi (November 2020) with around 4700 miles on the clock and is going to Lexus Leeds this week.  It's an immaculate RX Takumi in Sonic Titanium with rich cream leather interior and brown shimamoku inlays.  Comes complete with protection pack (mud flaps, boot liner and rubber floor mats) and f/r dash cams.  My Lexus journey was CT, IS, GS F Sport, NX Premier, ES Takumi (my favourite) and, finally the RX (I always wanted an RX at some point).  

Hopefully the new owner will treat it as well as I did.  

Cheers 

Peter

• Like 2

I know what you mean, Mike but I like a regular change in cars and, given my now low, local miles (post Covid) it was time to change to a BEV.  I'll be pushing up the daisies before I get my money back on PVs and Battery storage that I'm getting installed next month but I can currently pay for it so why not.  Hopefully, the RX's next owner will benefit from a tremendous car but I fancied a change.

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0019.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

@Habu

Hope you don't regret decision as obviously is a downgrade. 

I don’t think so as the time had to come but accept it’ll be my last decent car prior to retirement.  New Kia’s aren’t so bad - obviously not an RX - but not too shabby either.  They’ve come a long way in the last few years and the future is very rosy.  I was very close to ordering a Nissan Ariya and that’s quite as tool.  More Infiniti than Nissan plus the Genesis GV60 is pretty special too.

My daughter has a Sorrento with which she is happy, although this is their top model albeit a diesel, but even so it seems a couple of leagues lower than than the RX when you go from one to the other.

What a very nice car yours looks.  Somebody is going to be very lucky. 

Hope you enjoy your new car and look forward to reading about your experience with it.  I will go BEV next time but only after they have been out a few years and with the solid state batteries that are currently developed by Toyota and some others.

Thanks, Barry. Yes, someone is going to get a mint RX.  My dealer (who I bought the 6 Lexus from) rang me last week asking if they could buy the car as they’re desperate for good, low mileage stock.  Their offer price was £5k less than Lexus Leeds so Leeds will get the car.  I’m under no illusion that the Kia won’t be anywhere near as luxurious or meticulously finished as the RX but it’s simply a lifestyle choice for now and I think the Kia will be fun to drive.  It has all the features I’d never do without such as a HUD (the Kia is augmented reality or normal), ventilated seats, adaptive (matrix) headlights, decent hifi (the Kia’s system is by Meridian) plus BSM, RCTA, safe exit assist, et al.

Will I miss the RX?  Absolutely!

• Like 1

Hello fellow (to be) Kia owner 🙂

Assuming you are referring to a EV6 then it is a very nice car indeed, especially in the spec you have ordered.

Also, as you say, it won't be a million miles off the Lexus is quality or may even be equal! 😲

I do still miss my GS but I am liking my Stinger a lot, and as there isn't really anything in the current Lexus line up that I like, I think it was the right choice, as I am sure it will be for you as well.

24 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Hello fellow (to be) Kia owner 🙂

Assuming you are referring to a EV6 then it is a very nice car indeed, especially in the spec you have ordered.

Also, as you say, it won't be a million miles off the Lexus is quality or may even be equal! 😲

I do still miss my GS but I am liking my Stinger a lot, and as there isn't really anything in the current Lexus line up that I like, I think it was the right choice, as I am sure it will be for you as well.

Yes, EV6 in GT-Line S spec with AWD.  0-62mph in 4.6 seconds so it’s mighty rapid.  I think, Lexus-wise, my GS F Sport was probably the best for quality with the RX very close followed by the beautiful ES, then NX, IS and CT.

I’ve now a permanent scar on my left shin from bashing it on the sticky-out bit on the UX dashboard 8 months ago so that’s a reminder of my halcyon Lexus days.🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Habu said:

I don’t think so as the time had to come but accept it’ll be my last decent car prior to retirement.  New Kia’s aren’t so bad - obviously not an RX - but not too shabby either.  They’ve come a long way in the last few years and the future is very rosy.  I was very close to ordering a Nissan Ariya and that’s quite as tool.  More Infiniti than Nissan plus the Genesis GV60 is pretty special too.

New Kias are very good, and I think most of the EV6 issues are sorted now, or certainly will be by the time you get your one. Do you have a date, I thought the lead time is quite long at the moment?

44 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

New Kias are very good, and I think most of the EV6 issues are sorted now, or certainly will be by the time you get your one. Do you have a date, I thought the lead time is quite long at the moment?

Unfortunately, no date yet.  I ordered November 2021 and the delivery date quickly became December 2022!  It’s been revised to late Q3 / early Q4 for delivery but no build date yet so no projected arrival date in the UK.

• Sad 1

Well, she has gone to her new home, for the time being at Lexus Leeds.  Someone will get something special and immaculate.  I even detail the engine bay. 🙂

As a final goodbye - for now - I thought I'd do a quick photo call of my small Lexus history.  Probably the 2 standouts were the GS particularly with its yellow powder coated huge brake callipers and giving her the black treatment; and the sublime ES.  You counted right - 3x Sonic Titanium but the Deep Blue is an epic colour on the ES.  The correct order was CT, IS, GS, NX, ES, RX.

Cheers

Peter

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_6565.JPG

IMG_4219.JPG

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_1261.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

• Like 5

Mine is the September 2019 Takumi so on a 69 plate. My first ever car on a PCP which will end at the end of August. Like you I'll probably leave Lexus as I'm not taken by what they have to offer. Is the price confidential ? I've heard that low mileage cars like yours ( and mine) are hard to come by and prices have been very steady. I might go look at a Kia as there's a garage nearby.

Alan

39 minutes ago, stringbender said:

Mine is the September 2019 Takumi so on a 69 plate. My first ever car on a PCP which will end at the end of August. Like you I'll probably leave Lexus as I'm not taken by what they have to offer. Is the price confidential ? I've heard that low mileage cars like yours ( and mine) are hard to come by and prices have been very steady. I might go look at a Kia as there's a garage nearby.

Alan

PM sent.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Habu said:

Unfortunately, no date yet.  I ordered November 2021 and the delivery date quickly became December 2022!  It’s been revised to late Q3 / early Q4 for delivery but no build date yet so no projected arrival date in the UK.

Sadly not uncommon these day, especially with a something like the EV6.  I wait 10 months for my Stinger and I ordered that before the delays got really bad!

I know it is early days yet, but I would certainly consider an EV6 for my next car, especially if the GT version was available at a reasonable price.

On 6/28/2022 at 1:39 PM, Habu said:

Well, she has gone to her new home, for the time being at Lexus Leeds.  Someone will get something special and immaculate.

Lovely car Peter, so nice in fact I've placed a holding deposit on it and will be travelling down to view tomorrow... TBC 

Sad to leave Lexus after such a long association, but I’ve been impressed with KIA for quite some time. From what I’ve seen the quality is excellent, as are spec and pricing.

I actually prefer the looks of the Hyundai IONIC5, and when I eventually go EV that would be my first choice. Unfortunately for now I have a weekly 200 mile round trip with no potential to charge an EV at the ‘other end’ so for now - and with few regrets - the RX stays. And I do absolutely love it!

I considered a EV6 and was certainly impressed after a test drive. Not quite up to Lexus fit and finish in my opinion but not far off. Design is stunning and at the end of the day it was a difficult decision however I opted for the NX450h+ which is proving to be a fantastic car.

• Like 3

On 6/29/2022 at 7:57 PM, First_Lexus said:

no potential to charge an EV at the ‘other end’

being innovative about this ..  I have seen an EV being recharged from an ordinary socket point  .........  on our Town Quay Harbour power supply stuff :unsure:

Malc