Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hanging is too good for some people.

Mincey

2 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

This being a Lexus owners’ forum, the narratives naturally tend to be one-sided.  But, dare I say it, there must be someone somewhere in the world whose car got a ding or scratch from parking next to a Lexus.  

Yes, I expect there is.

Common - own up!  You know who you are.

2 hours ago, Rabbers said:

This being a Lexus owners’ forum, the narratives naturally tend to be one-sided.  But, dare I say it, there must be someone somewhere in the world whose car got a ding or scratch from parking next to a Lexus.  

The parking is very tight at my local dealership and it's a joint Lexus / Toyota operation so always check my car after a visit.

When I was looking at a used Lexus I had to do a Houdini act to squeeze into the drivers seat whilst the salesman held the door to stop it dinging the adjacent vehicle. 

I've had a few dents put in various cars by careless parkers over the years but the best one was while I was in the car waiting in a supermarket car park, which was on a slope.

Two old ladies parked next to me about 3 feet away, but I thought that the door might just about hit my car if it was opened carelessly. I considered moving my car but thought I should not be paranoid.

Anyway, the other car passenger door was flung open and let go, under gravity and a bit of a push from the old lady it put an almighty crease in my door.

She looked at me and said: Oops, sorry, with a smile.

I know there is not a lot you can do and it is just bad luck but after fuming for a while I lost it and flung my door at great speed into the side of their car and said Oops, sorry.

I still regret it and know I was wrong and will go to hell.

The only other time, to cut a long story short, was when the passengers of the offending car threatened to call the police just because I had him by the throat. 

Call the nurse for my meds please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GMB said:.

The only other time, to cut a long story short, was when the passengers of the offending car threatened to call the police just because I had him by the throat. 

Some people seemed determined to take offence at the slightest opportunity.  😊

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

When working away my hotel didn't have a car park, I had to use the public pay and display. The spaces were miniscule (I was driving a C class, nothing huge) so I would straddle two spaces at the end of the row.

One morning I was greeted by the parking attendant, who was about to 'chastise' me for my parking when I showed him I had paid for two spaces. "Ah, fair play mate" :wink3:

In 2017 a Ferrari driver was fined £90 for parking across 2 bays even though he had paid for two tickets. Your guy was fair, good on him, but not everyone is like that sadly. Article at: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ferrari-driver-furious-parking-car-two-spaces-bays-church-road-antrim-northern-ireland-kevin-mcwhinney-a8037651.html 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Rabbers said:

Someone, call the Spanish Inquisition on Renato!

1 hour ago, DBIZO said:

And to think I was previously only worried about the Mob putting out a contract ….

1 hour ago, DBIZO said:

He won’t be expecting that!

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

2 hours ago, peniole said:

What were their chief weapons again?

Well, all those of a delicate disposition had better move on. I had to look it up, but here - in its full horror - is their list of the Inquisition’s weapons of torture…

‘Fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, a nice red uniform.’

https://people.csail.mit.edu/paulfitz/spanish/script.html

Read it and quake.  Now if the Spanish Inquisition made cars….?

• Haha 1

Oh dear James.  I do understand and sympathise with your plight, but did the Hyundai driver really want to cause you so much grief, I doubt it. I don’t think they should be hung, somewhat harsh. They didn’t know how precious Betsy is to you. I do the same, try to get a safe dent less spot. It causes a lot of stress.  I sometimes wonder why?  It’s our pride and joy yes, but still a car.  Realistically should we be thinking of more important issues at present.? All the best now.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links