Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2023 Spec Changes

wecpc

I see that others have shown images for the new 2023 model, but when I went on the configuration panel, I noticed that only the Premium and Takumi models are now listed and the rich cream interior option has disappeared but the new ammonite sand is not yet shown. This also means now no basic or sports model and the relevant Premium and Takumi packs. Lexus has also done away with the non metallic black finish, so the price is now shown as £39,980 for the standard metallic finishes and extra for the special metallic finishes. At least it is still under the £40,000, well for me at least.

41 minutes ago, george72 said:

And wired Android auto only? surely not.......

I forgot about that, a bit disappointing.

I have just had a bit of good news, is that according to my dealer I now have a build date with an estimated arrival to them of the 3rd October.

Edited by wecpc
added some detail
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, wecpc said:

I have just had a bit of good news, is that according to my dealer I now have a build date with an estimated arrival to them of the 3rd October.

That’s great, I got good news yesterday too - expected date of 6th October with confirmation it’s a MY22 car. Would have liked to have the MY23 updates, but not too bothered as I want to be in the car as soon as possible. 

26 minutes ago, VengaBus said:

That’s great, I got good news yesterday too - expected date of 6th October with confirmation it’s a MY22 car. Would have liked to have the MY23 updates, but not too bothered as I want to be in the car as soon as possible. 

That's strange because I have been told mine is the new MY23 spec at an increased price with an expected date of 3rd October, just before yours.

Have noticed in the blurb written about MY23 that they are implementing a "Hey Lexus" system. I'm guessing the voice commands for the heater controls aren't available on the MY22, only Radio/Nav?

It was something I was quite looking forwards to on the Mk4 VRS we had ordered prior to cancelling and buying the ES, mainly because everything was controlled via the touchscreen. Whereas thankfully Lexus are still being sensible and keeping fan controls on the dash. 

I must admit I only came across the fact the car had voice commands yesterday whilst driving on backroads so didn't really have a chance to explore them on ours. 

Voice commands and the like sound cool and are fun for exactly 5 minutes before you realise they are unnecessary and often unreliable. I have used a BMW 5 series with voice and gesture control and, to be honest, it just isn't worth it. Telling your car, you are cold (5 times because it couldn't understand you on the motorway) rather than just adjusting the temperature, gets old pretty quick..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scoops said:

Voice commands and the like sound cool and are fun for exactly 5 minutes before you realise they are unnecessary and often unreliable. I have used a BMW 5 series with voice and gesture control and, to be honest, it just isn't worth it. Telling your car, you are cold (5 times because it couldn't understand you on the motorway) rather than just adjusting the temperature, gets old pretty quick..

But it always works perfectly in the videos!

I've often thought it would be better to do my google searches using voice - the adverts show it always giving a perfect answer first time, but when I type in my queries the perfect answer is rarely the one at the top of the list.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:35 PM, Scoops said:

Should try them with a Scots accent! 

UK configurator currently gives options only for the ES300h Premium or Takumi grades only. So no F Sport with Takumi pack on offer any more. Can’t even get triple beams as an option on the Premium edition.

Maybe the next car might be a new NX, but it will need to have ML sounds. Cars with ML installed are in very short supply at present due to the chip shortage.

Current choices suck a bit.

On 7/1/2022 at 6:57 PM, wecpc said:

I have just had an email stating that mine has entered the build state today.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 8:24 PM, wecpc said:

I have just had an email stating that mine has entered the build state today.  

I have just had the email stating that my mine is now complete and has left the factory and is on its way to me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wecpc said:

I have just had the email stating that my mine is now complete and has left the factory and is on its way to me

My dealer has been saying that mine has been in build since the 1st July with estimated delivery date of 6th October. The app wasn’t showing any status change so logged a ticket with Lexus Customer Relations. I got a new tracking notification email last week but status was still In Progress and then a notification on Monday that it had entered build. The app sounds like it’s about right given I’m being told mine will be delivered after yours. But I’ve also been told that mine is definitely MY22. I’ll be interested to get my next update!

20 hours ago, VengaBus said:

My dealer has been saying that mine has been in build since the 1st July with estimated delivery date of 6th October. The app wasn’t showing any status change so logged a ticket with Lexus Customer Relations. I got a new tracking notification email last week but status was still In Progress and then a notification on Monday that it had entered build. The app sounds like it’s about right given I’m being told mine will be delivered after yours. But I’ve also been told that mine is definitely MY22. I’ll be interested to get my next update!

Are you using the app on your phone or the full online tracker on the Lexus website. I found they very often showed different info at different points of build, ship and arrival,etc

Both say Build in Progress at present. They definitely changed something when I asked about the tracking as the app and web site started to reflect the build and shipping locations which weren’t showing before that. 

• Like 1

It would be even better if you were told the ship details as it leaves Japan so you can track its progress at sea. I did try and work it out but I was never 100% sure I was following the right ship from Japan to Bristol 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 7:34 PM, wecpc said:

I have just had a call from my dealership that my car is now due to arrive to them on the 20th September instead of the 3rd October, which is good news and they are going to be quick in completion. I have been tracking the ship I think it is on, the "Bishu Highway" which is due to arrive at Portbury on the 11th September.

13 hours ago, wecpc said:

I have just had a call from my dealership that my car is now due to arrive to them on the 20th September instead of the 3rd October, which is good news and they are going to be quick in completion. I have been tracking the ship I think it is on, the "Bishu Highway" which is due to arrive at Portbury on the 11th September.

I too have just been advised ‘mid September’ by email. I assume they are on the same ship 😉

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links