Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MPG for Lexus IS300h F Sport Owners

69 plate f-sport, at 10k miles......loving it🤗...only used half a tank since buying it....and have been mostly very "sympathetic" on quiet motorway commute.....49mpg displayed and will do the calculation and repost when i re-fill. Cheers😎👍

• Like 1

I’m struggling to comprehend that a 2 litre lemonade bottle filled with petrol would now cost £4.00!

That amount wouldn’t even fill my lawnmower!

Perhaps as we appear to be heading back to the 1970s with super inflation, strikes,possible power outages and a new album from Slade it will drop back to 68p a gallon. 😀

40 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Perhaps as we appear to be heading back to the 1970s with super inflation, strikes,possible power outages and a new album from Slade it will drop back to 68p a gallon. 😀

I was only saying to a friend the other day that the country is in the state it's in due to the lack of mutton chops.

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I’m struggling to comprehend that a 2 litre lemonade bottle filled with petrol would now cost £4.00!

That amount wouldn’t even fill my lawnmower!

I went to fill the petrol can for the lawnmower what used to to cost £7 for 5L was now £10!!

I still seem to be averaging 34-38mpg even on 80 mile runs. Best I've had is 42 and I drive gently as possible... In fact the other day I had to hammer it 90-100mph and I still got 33mpg... Do I need to offer the gods a sacrificial lamb in order to get 45+mpg?? 

😂 but I'm sensing that on f sport with 18" anything above 43mpg is far and few. Can even blame mediocre mpg on weather as it's been 15+ degrees every day. 

Is it really that much worse on F-Sport? I reset the meter when changed back to summer tyres in April. Now I have 5,4l/100km, which is about 52MPG in UK. In Winter it's about liter more, since we have very cold weather here.

Depends

2013 - 25mpg in 10 degrees on anything up to 4 mile journeys

Longer journeys about 44mpg in winter

Summer a lot more but still rubbish on short journeys as would expect

Admittedly the figures dont seem massively better than a non hybrid vehicle.

For reference, 2014 Merc C200 2.0l remapped to 250hp, 0-60mph in 6 ish seconds and it achieves 41mpg on 20 mile journey at 75mph cruise control. If I put it in eco, dont use cruise control and let it coast down motorway hills it can achieve slightly more.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cadman2k said:

Is there a difference between model year consumption figures, I'm sure I read somewhere that the facelift 2017 onwards may be more efficient....not sure

Whatever about model year, there appears to be a difference between the Sport (18" wheels) and my Executive (17" wheels) ...

In recent times, I have undertaken a lot of 150 mile + journeys and have limited my speed to 100 KMP/H - 20 less than the limit for motorways here in Ireland. Obviously, It's summer now, but do bear in mind that summer in Ireland might only mean temperatures of 18C. Here are some trip averages (taken from the car's speedo, so the true figure will be less):

162 mile journey @ 100 kmp/h (62.5 mph) - 61.2

155 mile journey @ 100 kmp/h (62.5 mph) - 56.5

in contrast, a similar journey last year driven at 120 kmp/h mostly (75 mph) with some slower speeds due to traffic: 50.3. In colder months, 45 mpg is possible @ 120 kmp/h speeds.

More accurate tank-to-tank calculations in recent times (again, comprising mostly of these long journeys) have yielded figures of 51-53 mpg. At the other end, I have seen a tank-to-tank calculation go as low as 31 mpg in the winter. My overall average over the last 4 years is 41 mpg.

My best tank-to-tank figure would have given me a range of 1,200 kms (745 miles) - no range anxiety here !!!

• Thanks 1

Confirmed 47.5 mpg for a 401 mile stint, mixed road type, mostly motorway and only a few short, high-revving spells.....display showed 48.9mpg🤔.....69 plate f-sport, 10.5k miles. Cheers, David

• Like 1

2 hours ago, route66 said:

Whatever about model year, there appears to be a difference between the Sport (18" wheels) and my Executive (17" wheels) ...

In recent times, I have undertaken a lot of 150 mile + journeys and have limited my speed to 100 KMP/H - 20 less than the limit for motorways here in Ireland. Obviously, It's summer now, but do bear in mind that summer in Ireland might only mean temperatures of 18C. Here are some trip averages (taken from the car's speedo, so the true figure will be less):

162 mile journey @ 100 kmp/h (62.5 mph) - 61.2

155 mile journey @ 100 kmp/h (62.5 mph) - 56.5

in contrast, a similar journey last year driven at 120 kmp/h mostly (75 mph) with some slower speeds due to traffic: 50.3. In colder months, 45 mpg is possible @ 120 kmp/h speeds.

More accurate tank-to-tank calculations in recent times (again, comprising mostly of these long journeys) have yielded figures of 51-53 mpg. At the other end, I have seen a tank-to-tank calculation go as low as 31 mpg in the winter. My overall average over the last 4 years is 41 mpg.

My best tank-to-tank figure would have given me a range of 1,200 kms (745 miles) - no range anxiety here !!!

Its crazy to think 1" would that much of a difference between 18" and 17" wheels.

2 hours ago, agent_dess said:

Its crazy to think 1" would that much of a difference between 18" and 17" wheels.

Don't forget the tyres. The rear tyres are also 30mm wider, which increases drag.

Perhaps more significantly, the tyres available in F-Sport sizes are typically mostly geared towards sporty handling & grip and probably have a higher rolling resistance than the average 17" one.

That said, your MPG figures do seem to be on the low side. In fact, they're barely any better than what I'm getting in an IS250 wearing 18" wheels and UHP tyres. 

I will be going on some 300+ mile trips in a few weeks so will be interesting to see what I get then.. but otherwise bit on the low side I would expect 45mpg on average, especially from the trip the other day which was 50/50 roads steady speed keeping a little below speed limit and using cruise control.

I might get an independent hybrid Battery check, I feel Battery engine kicking in too often charge the Battery.  Hybrid health check in Jan was clear.

Did 240 miles yesterday in 64 plate F sport

80 miles motorway on cruise in eco

140 A roads in normal

20 on small country roads in normal

Computer said 51.9 mpg

Thats quite normal although it does drop to about 44 in winter

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, agent_dess said:

Based on the official emissions data then the difference between 17" and 18" should be about 5% - so that should make a difference of about 2 to 3 mpg. 

• Like 2