Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Rx450h mk4 >100k miles what can go wrong?


Recommended Posts

Hi Gents

I have a question. How reliable is rx450h in 4th generation? Is worth to buy a car with 100k miles on clock? Car has flsh. 

What can go wrong? Car will be out of lexus relax warranty...

Any high mileage mk4 user's here? 😄

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One with full service history (?)

Not much I fancy and from what I can see from the one I bought & from what I read they are real reliable pieces of kit so I have no doubt mine will reach 200k without any issues worth talking about (now where is that wood)

Still what do I know (?) but you did ask.      😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Car should give you many more miles of reliable service.

You might have a problem with the fish going off, though!!!

JBP

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it all depends on price and how long / mileage you plan to own the vehicle for, there are certainly many low mileage ones around on the market.

I would not expect the car to have major issues or fall to pieces, but none the less you may get a relatively minor issue that can still be quite costly to fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice spec with around 100k miles are priced £26-27k , 2016-2017 

I'm not sure if this is good price?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 9:12 PM, stecko said:

What can go wrong? Car will be out of lexus relax warranty...

knowing you're a realist and aware of cars preponderances to wear-out ..........  as said, depends on your proposed future use ....... also depends on your need for preventative and on-going maintenance ........... there's a reason why Lexus don't continue to warrant their cars in excess of 10 years young ....... bushes, suspension, and above all ELECTRONICS all have a tendency to maybe not have a particularly good extended life and which, when failing, will bring heartache and wondrous huge bills 

I'm sure Drivetrain and bodywork and zero'ish rust issues BUT it's those niggling other mechanical thingys that tend to go awry in all cars, not just Lexus 

Good luck with whatever you decide .....  my personal experiences with my Lexii have been just superb over the years, decades, and  '00s of 000s of miles too

Malc

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Malc said:

knowing you're a realist and aware of cars preponderances to wear-out ..........  as said, depends on your proposed future use ....... also depends on your need for preventative and on-going maintenance ........... there's a reason why Lexus don't continue to warrant their cars in excess of 10 years young ....... bushes, suspension, and above all ELECTRONICS all have a tendency to maybe not have a particularly good extended life and which, when failing, will bring heartache and wondrous huge bills 

I'm sure Drivetrain and bodywork and zero'ish rust issues BUT it's those niggling other mechanical thingys that tend to go awry in all cars, not just Lexus 

Good luck with whatever you decide .....  my personal experiences with my Lexii have been just superb over the years, decades, and  '00s of 000s of miles too

Malc

 

Thank You 👍

I really like lexus. Currently I'm using 16 years old rx which is still on the road. Of course, car have some small issues but every day I start engine and car take me wherever I want. 

I'm still looking for gs450h but if I won't find any decent one in next few weeks probably I will give a try high mileage rx450h 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, stecko said:

 👍

I'm still looking for gs450h but if I won't find any decent one in next few weeks probably I will give a try high mileage rx450h 😄

Same parents but quite  different children.  If you really want a GS450h I would be patient for a little longer than settle for an RX (great car though it is) and then feel you missed out and want to change again before long when a GS becomes available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Same parents but quite  different children.  If you really want a GS450h I would be patient for a little longer than settle for an RX (great car though it is) and then feel you missed out and want to change again before long when a GS becomes available.

I'm waiting so long now... There is no decent gs450h on the market. I've spent £££ for petrol traveling around south and nothing. Dealers, trade sales they all liars, cars look nice on the picture but in real scratches everywhere, dirty, bad tyres, brakes. They just use a lot of tyre shines and cheap wax😄 That includes main dealers. This one sample (there was much much more) what lexus dealer try to sell me a lemon gs.

20220611_103532_HDR_copy_1164x2328.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have to be patient. I had been looking on and off for an RX for 2 years. The main challenge has been the price hike as a result of Covid then new car part supply chain issues. Even over the last few months where the market has slowed, most used cars are still commanding inflated prices, but aren’t actually selling. Amazingly I found the best deal from a main dealer!! It pays to stay close and make them aware of what you are after. Yes a couple of lemons popped up, but eventually the right one appeared. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stecko said:

I'm waiting so long now... There is no decent gs450h on the market. I've spent £££ for petrol traveling around south and nothing. Dealers, trade sales they all liars, cars look nice on the picture but in real scratches everywhere, dirty, bad tyres, brakes. They just use a lot of tyre shines and cheap wax😄 That includes main dealers. This one sample (there was much much more) what lexus dealer try to sell me a lemon gs.

20220611_103532_HDR_copy_1164x2328.jpg

There is one in "cars for sale" right now !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

There is one in "cars for sale" right now !

Unfortunately is a low spec model. I don't need fully loaded gs , but ML an ventilated seats are must 👍

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, stecko said:

I'm still looking for gs450h but if I won't find any decent one in next few weeks probably I will give a try high mileage rx450h 😄

Rather than a high mileage 4th Gen RX why not a lower mileage and older 3rd Gen RX that will still have some remaining Relax cover?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Join The Club

    Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

  • Topics

  • Our picks

    • 10 years of Lexus design: from spindle grille to spindle body
      After 10 years as a defining style feature of every new Lexus model, the famous spindle grille is undergoing a transformation. In tune with a new era of electrified vehicles, the distinctive shape is evolving into a new “spindle body,” as seen on the upcoming new generation Lexus RX SUV and the all-electric RZ.

      The spindle grille has been an unmistakeable Lexus feature since it was first revealed on the LF-Gh concept model of 2011, the basis for the fourth generation GS executive saloon that was launched the following year. Since then, it has been constantly adapted to suit the character of each successive Lexus model, with different mesh patterns, dimensions and finishes.


      Speaking at the time of the grille’s debut, the then Head of Lexus Kiyotake Ise said: “You should be able to identify a car as a Lexus immediately… Instant visual recognition, for example, is the reason behind our spindle grille. It may look aggressive at first glance, that’s intentional, but it also conveys its boldness with sophistication and elegance.”


      It has progressed to become a hallmark expression of Lexus’s L-finesse design, adopted not only for road-going cars, but also incorporated in the futuristic Skyjet spacecraft created for the Lexus-supported movie Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and adopted as a design motif in the Loft, the award-winning Lexus and Brussels Airlines lounge at Brussels Airport.


      Today, the original grille concept is the starting point for a more radical application of the spindle shape in which it becomes an integral part of the vehicle’s overall design. This “spindle body” approach is part of the Lexus Next Chapter design for the all-new RX, where the grille is reinterpreted as a seamless unit that flows into the bodywork. The lower section retains a mesh pattern, while the upper section takes in the lower edge of the bonnet; the Lexus emblems sits at the centre of the spindle’s high pinch-point.


      The same concept has been applied to the RZ 450e. As a battery electric vehicle, this requires less cooling than a car with a conventional engine, so the grille has been dispensed with, giving the designers greater freedom. Nonetheless, the spindle shape remains prominent in a central front panel, finished in the car’s body colour. Its impact is heightened by the adjacent frontal areas being contrast-finished in black, the low bonnet line and more boldly shaped front wings.

      On both models, the spindle generates lines that flow back from the front of the car through the bonnet and headlamp units to create a strong and distinctive frontal appearance, reinforcing the brand-defining ambitions of the original concept.
      • 0 replies
    • Lexus joins the UK’s Motability Scheme with the new UX 250h F Sport Design
      From this week, people with mobility needs will be able to access a Lexus vehicle through the UK’s Motability Scheme
      • 0 replies
    • All-New Lexus RX to star at the Venice International Film Festival
      Festival to attract world-renowned actors, celebrities and creatives to the Lido di Venezia from 31 August to 10 September 2022
      • 0 replies
    • The all-new Lexus RZ: powerful design rooted in electrified performance
      Lexus maintains its status as a design innovator in creating a radical look for its all-new, all-electric RZ that directly interprets the SUV’s power and performance
      • 0 replies
    • Lexus guide to interesting EV charging locations off the motorway
      With the Great British holiday getaway on the horizon, drivers of BEVs (battery electric vehicles) will be considering where to recharge on their journey.  While motorway service stations are an obvious choice, Lexus has researched some more interesting alternative locations
      • 0 replies


×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership