Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450h mk4 >100k miles what can go wrong?

Hi Gents

I have a question. How reliable is rx450h in 4th generation? Is worth to buy a car with 100k miles on clock? Car has flsh. 

What can go wrong? Car will be out of lexus relax warranty...

Any high mileage mk4 user's here? 😄

Thanks

One with full service history (?)

Not much I fancy and from what I can see from the one I bought & from what I read they are real reliable pieces of kit so I have no doubt mine will reach 200k without any issues worth talking about (now where is that wood)

Still what do I know (?) but you did ask.      😉

I think it all depends on price and how long / mileage you plan to own the vehicle for, there are certainly many low mileage ones around on the market.

I would not expect the car to have major issues or fall to pieces, but none the less you may get a relatively minor issue that can still be quite costly to fix.

On 7/1/2022 at 9:12 PM, stecko said:

What can go wrong? Car will be out of lexus relax warranty...

knowing you're a realist and aware of cars preponderances to wear-out ..........  as said, depends on your proposed future use ....... also depends on your need for preventative and on-going maintenance ........... there's a reason why Lexus don't continue to warrant their cars in excess of 10 years young ....... bushes, suspension, and above all ELECTRONICS all have a tendency to maybe not have a particularly good extended life and which, when failing, will bring heartache and wondrous huge bills 

I'm sure Drivetrain and bodywork and zero'ish rust issues BUT it's those niggling other mechanical thingys that tend to go awry in all cars, not just Lexus 

Good luck with whatever you decide .....  my personal experiences with my Lexii have been just superb over the years, decades, and  '00s of 000s of miles too

Malc

17 minutes ago, Malc said:

knowing you're a realist and aware of cars preponderances to wear-out ..........  as said, depends on your proposed future use ....... also depends on your need for preventative and on-going maintenance ........... there's a reason why Lexus don't continue to warrant their cars in excess of 10 years young ....... bushes, suspension, and above all ELECTRONICS all have a tendency to maybe not have a particularly good extended life and which, when failing, will bring heartache and wondrous huge bills 

I'm sure Drivetrain and bodywork and zero'ish rust issues BUT it's those niggling other mechanical thingys that tend to go awry in all cars, not just Lexus 

Good luck with whatever you decide .....  my personal experiences with my Lexii have been just superb over the years, decades, and  '00s of 000s of miles too

Malc

Thank You 👍

I really like lexus. Currently I'm using 16 years old rx which is still on the road. Of course, car have some small issues but every day I start engine and car take me wherever I want. 

I'm still looking for gs450h but if I won't find any decent one in next few weeks probably I will give a try high mileage rx450h 😄

5 hours ago, stecko said:

👍

I'm still looking for gs450h but if I won't find any decent one in next few weeks probably I will give a try high mileage rx450h 😄

Same parents but quite  different children.  If you really want a GS450h I would be patient for a little longer than settle for an RX (great car though it is) and then feel you missed out and want to change again before long when a GS becomes available.

5 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Same parents but quite  different children.  If you really want a GS450h I would be patient for a little longer than settle for an RX (great car though it is) and then feel you missed out and want to change again before long when a GS becomes available.

I'm waiting so long now... There is no decent gs450h on the market. I've spent £££ for petrol traveling around south and nothing. Dealers, trade sales they all liars, cars look nice on the picture but in real scratches everywhere, dirty, bad tyres, brakes. They just use a lot of tyre shines and cheap wax😄 That includes main dealers. This one sample (there was much much more) what lexus dealer try to sell me a lemon gs.

20220611_103532_HDR_copy_1164x2328.jpg

You have to be patient. I had been looking on and off for an RX for 2 years. The main challenge has been the price hike as a result of Covid then new car part supply chain issues. Even over the last few months where the market has slowed, most used cars are still commanding inflated prices, but aren’t actually selling. Amazingly I found the best deal from a main dealer!! It pays to stay close and make them aware of what you are after. Yes a couple of lemons popped up, but eventually the right one appeared. 

2 hours ago, stecko said:

I'm waiting so long now... There is no decent gs450h on the market. I've spent £££ for petrol traveling around south and nothing. Dealers, trade sales they all liars, cars look nice on the picture but in real scratches everywhere, dirty, bad tyres, brakes. They just use a lot of tyre shines and cheap wax😄 That includes main dealers. This one sample (there was much much more) what lexus dealer try to sell me a lemon gs.

20220611_103532_HDR_copy_1164x2328.jpg

There is one in "cars for sale" right now !

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

There is one in "cars for sale" right now !

Unfortunately is a low spec model. I don't need fully loaded gs , but ML an ventilated seats are must 👍

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, stecko said:

Rather than a high mileage 4th Gen RX why not a lower mileage and older 3rd Gen RX that will still have some remaining Relax cover?