Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking Assist Sensor Displays 2018 RX45oh Premier

My new 2018 450h Premier  Would prefer to have the Parking Assist Display working for Parking but not to come on every time the car stops in traffic.   Have read the online Manuals and it seems it is impossible to achieve this - the manuals are a bit complex so I might have missed something.  Does anybody know if there is a way to do it or to temporarily switch it off once it has come on ?   Many thanks. 

Hi David, I thought the Parking Assist Monitor is only displayed while the car is in Reverse, so I'm unsure of an answer to this. Hopefully someone more knowlegable than myself will be along soon to help you 🙂

Mine never come on in traffic, only when I put the car in reverse.

If you're talking about the front ones, just don't get so close to the vehicle in front - they'll come on because they think you're going to hit something. They can't tell the difference between just being in a traffic queue or the wall of a car park.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dgw1 said:

My new 2018 450h Premier  Would prefer to have the Parking Assist Display working for Parking but not to come on every time the car stops in traffic.   Have read the online Manuals and it seems it is impossible to achieve this - the manuals are a bit complex so I might have missed something.  Does anybody know if there is a way to do it or to temporarily switch it off once it has come on ?   Many thanks. 

Do you mean the display from the 360deg cameras?

If so I think the image is displayed if you have the junction view setting enabled. I’m pretty sure that this can be turned off by an icon on the screen when in camera mode since I recall mine not working at some point in the past when I inadvertently changed the setting. 
If you confirm this is the case I’ll take a look at mine later 

• Like 1

Thanks Paul. Yes I mean the 360 deg displays which can be disconcerting when you are just stopped in traffic or at traffic lights.  

Thanks Herbie.  Yes I understand all that.  Sorry for misunderstanding - I am referring to the 360 degree camera views which switch on automatically when the car stops in traffic and give you close up views of traffic passing by or pedestrians on the pavement. Can be quite disconcerting and is  unnecessary, in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dgw1 said:

Does anybody know if there is a way to do it or to temporarily switch it off once it has come on ?   Many thanks. 

I have a 2018 F Sport with Premier pack, the camera only comes on automatically when you are pretty close to an object, so as I park on the drive the front camera will switch on as I approach the garage door from about 3 feet away, never comes on in stationary traffic.

I think there is a setting somewhere where you can set the sensitivity range of the parking sensors, that could be the issue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dgw1 said:

Thanks Paul. Yes I mean the 360 deg displays which can be disconcerting when you are just stopped in traffic or at traffic lights.  

David, if you want to turn it off you can do so but it will disable the auto operation of the cameras (except reversing).
This will only be an issue if you use the cameras for parking adjacent to a kerb, for instance, or if you use the junction view cameras, in which case you will have to manually turn on the 360 cameras using the switch on the lower right of the dash.

Disabling the auto operation is no good for me since I need the junction view facility for exiting our driveway & I can’t be bothered with keep turning the 360 cameras on everytime I want to exit the drive.

Anyhow, to disable the camera coming on when coming to a near stop just turn off the auto operation. You will see an icon labelled “auto” on the lower right of the screen when the cameras come on, in anything other than reverse. Move the cursor over it & press.
To turn the cameras on you will now have to switch them on manually. Reselecting “auto” will bring back the auto operation again.

Hope this all makes sense?

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:13 AM, dgw1 said:

Yes I mean the 360 deg displays which can be disconcerting when you are just stopped in traffic or at traffic lights.  

I always wanted to see how close the car behind me was. I never saw the point of the screen showing the view from the bonnet camera when stopped. I can see that by just looking out the front window.