Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Relax Warranty was introduced on 1 June 2021

The Relax Warranty was announced on 1 June 2021 --see Vhttps://media.lexus.co.uk/lexus-offers-customers-unprecedented-warranty-cover-with-new-relax-programme/.

In order to form a view as to whether it is being successful from the Owner`s perspective it is essential to try to maintain a record of claims made under the Relax Programme.

I have introduced this Posting for L.O.C. Members to record each instance of a Claim being made and the outcome of that Claim.

Two years will have elapsed by the end of the current month and to date no claim has yet been made to the best of my knowledge and belief.

If any Member is aware or becomes aware of any claims having been made, whether successful or not can they please Post an appropriate note under this Topic title. The Posting should state if known the nature and date of the claim, its outcome, reason for acceptance or refusal and the name of the Lexus Dealer/Franchise through which the claim was made.

It is only by maintaining a record of claims made can a view be formed as to the success or otherwise of the RELAX PROGRAMME.

Thank you.

• Like 4

1st Successful claim by Frank the Hornet.

This his posting on Tuesday 4 July 2022.

On the issue of RELAX being successfully usedI had the dreaded issue of the Tailgate not opening whilst on holiday in Ireland last October Herbie kindly helped with potential issues, nevertheless I could not get it to function.

Took into Chalfont Motor Company one of the authorised Lexus / Toyota garages & they reset it & cleared the fault, didn't realise at the time the garage put it through RELAX, it showed up as a repair on Lexus link.

April this year the same issue occurred, again they tried  reset to no avail, the Power unit Assembley was replaced under RELAX. Quite painless only issue was the liaison between the garage & Lexus UK to confirm the coverage this over a couple of days.

I haven't seen the final cost ( will ask at the next service in September for invoice ) but 6 hours Labour plus the part the garage had mentioned circa £!500.

All in all very pleased with this outcome on a nine and a half years old RX.

As an aside I clarified with Lexus UK when my coverage of RELAX would expire, car goes for service 2/9/22 & will be 10 years old 13/12/22, Lexus UK confirmed in writing that RELAX will expire 2/9/23 so the RELAX will last until the car is just shy of 10 years 9 months old.At this stage I will look for the Extended Warranty.

All things considered RELAX has worked out extremely well & may have been the difference between changing my beloved RX !!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Lexus UK confirmed in writing that RELAX will expire 2/9/23 so the RELAX will last until the car is just shy of 10 years 9 months old.At this stage I will look for the Extended Warranty.

That's interesting, so if you get the car serviced the day before it's 10th birthday you will actually get 11 years coverage, assuming you are within the 100k mileage limit. I had assumed it would be a hard cut-off at 10-years even if that was part way through the 1-year Relax warranty. Wonder if the same applies to mileage, ie you have a service at 99,999 miles?

48 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

Wonder if the same applies to mileage, ie you have a service at 99,999 miles?

Yes it does. The cutoff is at the point of service and gives you 12-months/10,000 miles (whichever ends first).

• Like 2

Thought this useful posted on another thread earlier this week.

On the issue of RELAX being successfully usedI had the dreaded issue of the Tailgate not opening whilst on holiday in Ireland last October Herbie kindly helped with potential issues, nevertheless I could not get it to function.

Took into Chalfont Motor Company one of the authorised Lexus / Toyota garages & they reset it & cleared the fault, didn't realise at the time the garage put it through RELAX, it showed up as a repair on Lexus link.

April this year the same issue occurred, again they tried  reset to no avail, the Power unit Assembley was replaced under RELAX. Quite painless only issue was the liaison between the garage & Lexus UK to confirm the coverage this over a couple of days.

I haven't seen the final cost ( will ask at the next service in September for invoice ) but 6 hours Labour plus the part the garage had mentioned circa £!500.

All in all very pleased with this outcome on a nine and a half years old RX.

As an aside I clarified with Lexus UK when my coverage of RELAX would expire, car goes for service 2/9/22 & will be 10 years old 13/12/22, Lexus UK confirmed in writing that RELAX will expire 2/9/23 so the RELAX will last until the car is just shy of 10 years 9 months old.At this stage I will look for the Extended Warranty.

All things considered RELAX has worked out extremely well & may have been the difference between changing my beloved RX !!

• Like 1

Gives you confidence doesn’t it

we need to hear more stories and to see if anyone has any problems with the warranty. But looks good so far.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 4:38 AM, Winston said:

Gives you confidence doesn’t it

we need to hear more stories and to see if anyone has any problems with the warranty. But looks good so far.

yes 100%- Would love to hear more stories and experiences

• 1 month later...

Relax is  quite a clever scheme by Lexus/ Toyota.  They raise the price for servicing to cover potential claims and use this as a marketing tool to retain business that might otherwise be lost to non franchised garages.  This is is tantamount to charging customers insurance cover for certain items.  Somebody wanting to minimise servicing costs but with equivalent claim cover could possibly use an independent garage and separately take out insurance cover but would the saving be worthwhile when you consider the franchised servicing would be to a definite high  standard  with the Kudos of a Lexus or Toyota stamp?

As far as I am aware, there is no possibility of paying less and not benefiting from the 'Relax' cover, so for those wishing to carry their own risk, servicing by an independent may still be more attractive. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 4:07 PM, royoftherovers said:

The Relax Warranty was announced on 1 June 2021 --see Vhttps://media.lexus.co.uk/lexus-offers-customers-unprecedented-warranty-cover-with-new-relax-programme/.

In order to form a view as to whether it is being successful from the Owner`s perspective it is essential to try to maintain a record of claims made under the Relax Programme.

I have introduced this Posting for L.O.C. Members to record each instance of a Claim being made and the outcome of that Claim.

Two years will have elapsed by the end of the current month and to date no claim has yet been made to the best of my knowledge and belief.

If any Member is aware or becomes aware of any claims having been made, whether successful or not can they please Post an appropriate note under this Topic title. The Posting should state if known the nature and date of the claim, its outcome, reason for acceptance or refusal and the name of the Lexus Dealer/Franchise through which the claim was made.

It is only by maintaining a record of claims made can a view be formed as to the success or otherwise of the RELAX PROGRAMME.

Thank you.

Has anybody noticed that with effect from 1 June 2022, the Relax Warranty cover now includes MULTIMEDIA SYSTEMS?

• Like 4

No had not seen this, somewhat pleasantly surprised as I felt this was a major exclusion so a meaningful improvement.

After my last service got the email from Lexus confirming  RELAX cover for the 12 months / 10000 miles, possibly would have expected a communication highlighting the improved coverage, the cynic in me is inclined to think Lexus have quietly brought this in without publicising in case of more claims ? If a customer thought not originally covered would not bother Lexus about it.

Perhaps the incidence of claims from "Multimedia Systems " is very low, not just from start of RELAX but from all Warranty data that is available that Lexus felt this was a very low cost inclusion, nevertheless it gives me more confidence in the warranty & of course the "Multimedia System.

Lots of content on forum since Relax launched  highlighting  this exclusion & this development should enhance the reputation of Relax, interesting suppose we'll never know how much influence the forum members have had.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frank the Hornet said:

No had not seen this, somewhat pleasantly surprised as I felt this was a major exclusion so a meaningful improvement.

After my last service got the email from Lexus confirming  RELAX cover for the 12 months / 10000 miles, possibly would have expected a communication highlighting the improved coverage, the cynic in me is inclined to think Lexus have quietly brought this in without publicising in case of more claims ? If a customer thought not originally covered would not bother Lexus about it.

Perhaps the incidence of claims from "Multimedia Systems " is very low, not just from start of RELAX but from all Warranty data that is available that Lexus felt this was a very low cost inclusion, nevertheless it gives me more confidence in the warranty & of course the "Multimedia System.

Lots of content on forum since Relax launched  highlighting  this exclusion & this development should enhance the reputation of Relax, interesting suppose we'll never know how much influence the forum members have had.

Thanks Frank.

The Lexus Representative who told me stated that Lexus had noted the adverse comments re the exclusion of Multimedia from the Relax Warranty and wished to address the concerns of Memebers by upgrading the cover.Whatever the reason as you say it is good for Members, good for the Relax Scheme and can only lead to greater customer satisfaction.

• Like 1

I have to admit that the omission of the multimedia system didn't sit well with me at all considering the significant cost that a failure would incur.

Does this mean that the Relax warranty is now only excluding the headlights and suspension versus the old Extended Warranty?

Good result either way and somewhat restores the faith that Lexus seem to be putting into their cars again.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 1:17 PM, talaipwros said:

Relax warranty is the same for Toyota

considering that Toyota Supra is a rebadged BMW Z4, having a BMW with a 10 years warranty, sounds like an interesting proposition

Not a chance old pal 

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Frank.

The Lexus Representative who told me stated that Lexus had noted the adverse comments re the exclusion of Multimedia from the Relax Warranty and wished to address the concerns of Memebers by upgrading the cover.Whatever the reason as you say it is good for Members, good for the Relax Scheme and can only lead to greater customer satisfaction.

Interesting that in the exclusions section the multimedia screen and buttons are listed. Also springs appear in both the included and excluded sections?

https://www.lexus.co.uk/content/dam/lexus/nmsc/united-kingdom/owners/warranty/extended-warranty-with-servicing/Lexus-Warranty-TCs-06-2022.pdf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Interesting that in the exclusions section the multimedia screen and buttons are listed. Also springs appear in both the included and excluded sections?

https://www.lexus.co.uk/content/dam/lexus/nmsc/united-kingdom/owners/warranty/extended-warranty-with-servicing/Lexus-Warranty-TCs-06-2022.pdf

Good spot Peter.

I imagine that damage to the Screen/Buttons is unlikely to have been caused in a manner which causes a System to fail ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Good spot Peter.

I imagine that damage to the Screen/Buttons is unlikely to have been caused in a manner which causes a System to fail ?

Yes, more likely to be operator induced damage but we have had post regarding screens going black with no user abuse?

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Yes, more likely to be operator induced damage but we have had post regarding screens going black with no user abuse?

In which case I`m sure we will try to help our Members obtain appropriate assistance.

On 8/19/2022 at 10:13 PM, royoftherovers said:

Not a chance old pal 

I have just asked them

Leigh, Mark, Jon, Luke and Sam sent a message
5 minutes ago

Hi Yes it will have the 10 Year Toyota Warranty.

Leigh

so yes, I am thinking about it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links