Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spotted an LS400 for Sale £10,995 44,518 miles

53 minutes ago, Stanwithaplan said:

Just in case anyone is interested? It seems a bit pricey to me, but very low mileage and looks fantastic!  https://www.raccars.co.uk/car-62565002?i=1&m=sp

This one has been on sale for a while (approx a year)

There is a thread here duscussing value and aksing price:

Cheers Mark, sorry for the inadvertent repost, but then again not sorry:o) cos I just learnt there was a version with overdrive, I never knew! I was trying to work out the year, on Parkers they have the same car posted as 2001?? Also I can see an aerial on the back wing so it wasn't adding up to me.

31 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

This one has been on sale for a while (approx a year)

at least a year methinks ..  I remember seeing this advert in about 2012 ...........:whistling:  ..........  maybe not BUT a blo--ody long time ago for sure

4 minutes ago, Stanwithaplan said:

I just learnt there was a version with overdrive, I never knew! I was trying to work out the year, on Parkers they have the same car posted as 2001?? Also I can see an aerial on the back wing so it wasn't adding up to me.

Overdrive  ??? wot's that .....  never was, just Power  PWR  for better well, power and mpg ( in mine anyway it seems ) .....  aren't all the aerials on the rear wing ?

Malc

The early models up to 1994 were all 3 speed plus overdrive so effectively 4 speed transmissions using the Aisin A340E.

Looks to be a 92-94 model given the digital trip display.

Also appears to be a UK model having the external radio aerial and 2 piece headlights.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Malc said:

at least a year methinks ..  I remember seeing this advert in about 2012 ...........:whistling:  ..........  maybe not BUT a blo--ody long time ago for sure

Overdrive  ??? wot's that .....  never was, just Power  PWR  for better well, power and mpg ( in mine anyway it seems ) .....  aren't all the aerials on the rear wing ?

Malc

not overdrive just "power" I get it. Just never seen that type of gearstick on a 400 before. The later ones don't have aerials though, for example my 1999.

• Like 2

and as soon as I say that, I'm looking for another Lexus and see an advert for a 2000 400 with an external aerial? Got to laugh. Can anyone explain, is it variations for different markets perhaps? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202207027390208?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&make=Lexus&model=LS 400&sort=relevance&postcode=me59ly&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1501&page=1

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stanwithaplan said:

an advert for a 2000 400 with an external aerial

got to laugh too  ......  the mileage at that price seems a bit steep to me especially as you can't check the MOT etc coz the cherished plate has been removed 

Silly imho to renew the exhaust unless it's an OEM staiunless steel one that's got about a 50 year life . original's built like a tank EXCEPT that darned front box section that's rusting away mild steel ........  Cest le Vie

someone will buy it ..... the UCAs and all else will shortly need attention at that mileage if they haven't been done methinks ....  there's a few grand£££ popped away then !

Malc

Agreed Malc. I was looking for a 600, but don't want expensive surprises, leaving on my drive 4 months a year is probably tempting fate. I'm now searching for late 460, but keep finding myself looking at 400s. Honestly I love the 400s, I think its an easier decision to stick with another one. I'm lucky with my 400 in Dubai as I've got a local independent Pakistani garage that services Toyotas all day long, they really do love them and labour costs are negligible. They get OEM parts but also theres a huge market for used parts and scrap yards full of LS400 and 430s in Sharjah. Are parts getting hard to source in the UK now?

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 1:01 PM, Stanwithaplan said:

and scrap yards full of LS400

Oh my .......  heaven then .........  easy place to find when the time comes ? ........  Ls400 breakers that is ..........  I know heaven for me will be nigh impossible :unsure:

Malc

On 7/6/2022 at 12:07 PM, Stanwithaplan said:

and as soon as I say that, I'm looking for another Lexus and see an advert for a 2000 400 with an external aerial? Got to laugh. Can anyone explain, is it variations for different markets perhaps? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202207027390208?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&make=Lexus&model=LS 400&sort=relevance&postcode=me59ly&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1501&page=1

this one was on Gumtree on February priced at £7900

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links