Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto - Auto - Aircon

If you have both dials set to "auto" do you still need to have the aircon button activated or will the car automatically switch the aircon on and off when it needs to? (the light never seems to go on or off by itself)

As far as i know, you'll need to keep the button activated (light on), as it won't turn itself on or off like that, but it will adjust the fan speed etc as it requires.

I tend to leave mine on all the time (except when i'm smoking, as stale smoke in the aircon system stinks for weeks!)

Stu

Ok

Both dials to auto,

jump into the car on a cold morning and the fans don't kick in with hot air with the temp dial up.

?????????????????????????

Have you let the car warm up first?

I've noticed that sometimes I need to adjust the temperature dial up or down to get the aircon to do it's job properly (my previous car had fully automatic climate control that I could just leave on 22C and it would perform perfectly all the time - the IS200 seems to need a little coaxing).

Even if you set the temperature to the maximum or minimum? Mine goes mad if you do this... on Auto, Auto, with Aircon lit, turn the temperature to the lowest setting - the car will switch to re-circulate, then kick out freezing cold air from all vents.

Yep, and if you don't have the air locatiopn dial set to auto for a while, then put it onto the vents, you'll get a gobful of them! As i found out a couple of days ago! :P

Stu

for some reason my need to set the temp to 18c before i get any cool air with the air con on auto, any setting above 18c is warm air for anythings upto 30 mins, before i get any cold air through the air con, think i need to regas the air con guys?

I seem to have the opposite "feature". I need to set the temp high (25/26C) sometimes to stop it blowing cold air even after the engine has been running for 15 minutes or more.

I just assumed that the aircon on the IS200 is not something you can just leave alone and let it do it's own thing, sometimes it requires a bit of tweeking.