Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashlight Led Conversion

PhoneDrome

yep sure do,, already on the case (couple of weeks ago) as we speak and i got some parts coming to test out.. as his will be sligthly more cheaper than my speedo kit at present.

His kits for the LS range look impressive, especially the LED lit needles. but unfortuantly no lit needles for the IS. now that would be great.

Speaking with the guy, he is mainly concentrating on doing the kits for the speedo area and not radio for the IS. also this kit will require soldering and a little jiggery to light up the cluster.

I shall let you know the results so you can make up your own mind.

but of course feel free to go ahead and purchase a kit.

well stu.. i got some of this Lextechs kit on order already,, should be with me in the next week and bits time.. so should they prove good, (from the looks of things it does) then hey presto..sorted.

the radio is all ready sorted, i would just need to match up the colour with lextechs colour..

thats why ive been holding off this kit, cause i dont want you guys to get a kit form me and then the following week have another piece of the kit with a different hue of colour.

As for the clock part of 'a' kit.. i think the only route (as i see) for this would be wxman's kit (available through me) as he has had something specially made to give a smooth spot free appearence.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to join this a bit late guys, I've just fitted Blue leds to the clocks and ignition barrel on my altezza. Have also just upgraded the stereo to a single din unit which also lights blue. The trouble is I've still have orange lit controls above the stereo, ie clock and temp controls. Is there a kit I could get for this ? Any help would be appreciated as job only looks half finish. :huh::huh::huh:

Sorry to join this a bit late guys, I've just fitted Blue leds to the clocks and ignition barrel on my altezza. Have also just upgraded the stereo to a single din unit which also lights blue. The trouble is I've still have orange lit controls above the stereo, ie clock and temp controls. Is there a kit I could get for this ? Any help would be appreciated as job only looks half finish. :huh::huh::huh:

hey tommo,, glad to see your also on the case, ,ive just finished the a/c cluster see this thread..

ive used blue 5mm 8000mcd leds all with a 12v resistor, approx 10 or so leds..

and another 6 green leds for the clock.. however problem with the clock is getting an even spread.

how have you done the speedo cluster..

Gordon,, Im awaiting a kit for Lextasy.com for evaluation..

Hi Fargo, Cheers for reply will get cracking at the weekend. As for my speedo cluster I got a bit ripped off, I brought a kit off of E-bay for £25 only to recieve 6 leds :angry: Which I've now spotted on your thread for about £2 each. But did come with easy to follow instructions. There was 5 leds on the back of the clocks to change, 3 large the only 3 that size and 2 smaller the ones with the blue backs. The other 1 was for the ignition barrel. Looks the nuts but need to finish center unit. Is this how you done yours?

Fargo is right about the clock. The spread is very difficult to get to work. It took me about 2 years and some help to figure that thing out. Unfortunately, work has been very busy for a while and I just haven't had the time to devote to getting this kit going. Hopefully by summer I should have a bit more time for this. :(

hey marc,, wussup man, good to see your still kicking around..

Tommo.. good to here your kit worked,, any pics to post...

and no thats not my kit on eBay,, i wont be selling any kit on eBay,

perhaps i can sort you out the leds needed for the centre console, pics of course would help to macth teh colour up...

Cheers Fargo any help would be great, especially with the ac cluster. Will try and put some pics up the weekend. The green looks great, do you think red would work the same, It would pick up the red lights on my stereo :whistling:.

I've had the unit to bits scratched my head for a bit then carefully stuck it back in the car so a point in the right direction would be a godsend. :blush:

well tommo,, i did my a/c cluster using 3mm 9000mcd led's. all with there own 12V resistor and soldered these directly to the board.

then angled the leds' such that they hit the right points on the plastic ring that carry the light around.

As for the clock, the best solution. well the only one that i have found.. apart from wxmans,, is by using 4 leds and again angleing them such that you get as even a spread as poss.

You could use any colour you like, however just be aware that the colour does not always filter through the same, however i think your be fine with red as it is very much near the orange wavelegth..