Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus RZ 450e up close and personal

Hey all,

Whilst I was at Goodwood Festival of Speed, I was able to sit inside the new RZ 450e. 

I was very impressed with the overall sense of space inside the car, it has quite a flat floor too.

I did notice there was no glovebox on the one that I sat in.

Overall materials felt on par with the NX/ES (not LC or LS level).

Boot seemed big and practical enough too!

With regards to pricing I have heard the figure from £55k, however a guy at Lexus mentioned it could be closer to £80k with options ( I guess time will tell).

Regards,

Thomas

image.thumb.png.fbebcb2591c4428c33fb30c6c827d35a.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spock66 said:

Don't like the steering yoke.

I'm the opposite, looks very futuristic. The thing that slightly bothers me is the variable steering ratio that means one never has to cross arms or take hands from the yoke to navigate even tight corners (F1 style!)

• Like 3

Close to £ 80k would be a ridiculous price for a car with a range of really less than 250 miles. A mid optioned EQE with a range of 350+ and definitely in the same league as a Lexus is less than £ 80k. A fully optioned one is £ 85k. Similarly, a BMW iX is around that price. If a Takumi is going to be almost £ 80k then I’ll be cancelling - the dealer indicated a price between an NX and RX so less than £ 70k for a Takumi. 

• Like 1

My dealer has said he expects the top of the range Takumi to cost just under 70K. I have pre ordered the Takumi and if it is good as I expect on the test drive I will confirm the order. Anything over 70k and the answer is a definite no. There are plenty of cars north of 70k with a much better range although I would prefer the Lexus because of the perceived quality/reliability. 

• Like 2

Hmm. My two year old EV was £48k and has a range or 348miles WLTP, 250kw charge speed and 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. Ok so it would be £56k now and the Lexus will be nicer but 70k would be a lot for mediocre range and charge speed. Hoping its less or there's a v2 coming along quickly afterwards and it might tempt me.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, exactlyaron said:

For those of you that are interested.

MRP is as follows;

Premium - £61,719.00
Premium+ - £65,719.00
Takumi - £71,219.00

I am afraid that at this price point and considerint the range and that

Overall materials felt on par with the NX/ES (not LC or LS level).

I will stay well clear of it for the time being.

• Like 1

At that price for a Takumi I will cancel. I sent the prices to my dealer and he said they have not been told of any prices and don’t expect to for some time. I hope he is right and when they do publish them they are significantly less

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 11:33 AM, exactlyaron said:

MRP is as follows;

Premium - £61,719.00
Premium+ - £65,719.00
Takumi - £71,219.00

Wow, if those prices are correct then they are out of reach for most loyal lexus customers, as well as not being competitive when you consider the range / performance on offer.

The Takumi price is over £20k more that the NX350h Takumi that I have on order, I was previously considering cancelling my NX order and getting an RZ450e Takumi, but not at those prices.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 11:33 AM, exactlyaron said:

MRP is as follows;

Premium - £61,719.00
Premium+ - £65,719.00
Takumi - £71,219.00

well, looks you are right!

Screenshot 2022-08-01 180022.png

Just got a call from the dealers - prices are as above so a Takumi in Copper metallic two tone is £ 73k - delivery will not be before next June. Demos not available until next May / June

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wivenhoe said:

Just got a call from the dealers - prices are as above so a Takumi in Copper metallic two tone is £ 73k - delivery will not be before next June. Demos not available until next May / June

oh well, so what's your plan, will you keep the order?

I told the dealer I would only continue if it was on the strict understanding that I can cancel after a test drive and get my £ 500 back. He agreed. 

I also told him the car market next July will probably be in an entirely different place so I was hoping there would be a discount to bring the price down. 

Seems to me that it’s a no brainier - see what the market is like next year and either hang on to see if there is a discount (I’ve never bought a new car without a significant one) or order something else and cancel and get my £500 back. I’m reading good reports about the Genesis electric GV70 SUV which on the motorway has a range of about 300 miles. 

3 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

I told the dealer I would only continue if it was on the strict understanding that I can cancel after a test drive and get my £ 500 back. He agreed. 

I hope he agreed in writing and paper has a Lexus stamp. By the time the car arrives, the dealer may be working for Marks and Spencer for all you know.

• Like 1

All in an exchange of emails so should be ok. I can’t believe they will be selling Takumi’s with at best 250 miles range will sell for £ 73k - might pull that now with new cars being delayed so much but in a years time ? 

Yes prices are now on the Lexus website. 

Premium Plus is from £66500

Takumi is from £72000

Not very competitive on paper but I will be interested to see what the quality of the final product is like. It’s a shame that the demos will not be available until next year. 

I’m also very tempted by the Genesis GV70 Electric to replace our RX450h. It looks good on paper. 

• 9 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links