45 members have voted

1. 1. HOW LONG DO YOU LET ENGINE WARM UP

• Dont
    • 10 sec
    • 1 min
    • 2min
    • 3 mins
    • wait for temp to move

i voted dont wait.. but it is not a case of start engine and im off.

It more like, get in car start engine, then seatbelt, stereo, put things on the front seat. so its always gona be more than 10 seconds anyways..so therfore it aint a concious decision to wait.

It more like, get in car start engine, then seatbelt, stereo, put things on the front seat. so its always gona be more than 10 seconds anyways..so therfore it aint a concious decision to wait.

same here

Im more or less the same

I usually start the car and then take of my steering lock and put it in the boot, probably a bit over 10 seconds.

If there is frost on the windows then I start the car and go back inside for a cup of tea so when I come out again the windows are clear and the car is toastie warm.

Mark D

If I were you I would take the steering lock off first put it in the boot and then get back in and start the car, otherwise starting car first and while at the boot of your car, some passer-by might jump in the driver seat of your car and drive off.

Mark D

If I were you I would take the steering lock off first put it in the boot and then get back in and start the car, otherwise starting car first and while at the boot of your car, some passer-by might jump in the driver seat of your car and drive off.

Cheers for the advice, but I only do that at work or outside the house (the car is parked round the back of the house)