Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS460 (2008) Door Entry System Intermittent

My LS460 (2008) Door Entry System has suddenly gone Intermittent.

I've changed the keyfob Battery and also put a new Battery in the spare keyfob. No different. The car had not been warning me that the key Battery was low.

I have always known that sometimes I could walk up to the car and the light under the wing mirror wouldn't come on to recognise the car has detected the key. Usually if I just stood outside still for a second it would detect. Unfortunately this is a near permanent problem now.

Occasionally over the years it would say the key wasn't detected while I was inside.

The standard lock and unlock buttons are only working on about one press in every five. The Wing Mirror light comes on around the same frequency, once in every five times or so that I walk up to the car.

I have started the car may times in the last few days and am sure the Battery is OK.

Any suggestions? I believe there is a disable/reset button under the steering wheel, so I will try that.

Hi

The keyless system on these cars is pretty reliable and work very well.

I would:

1) Check the sensor under the door handle is clean

2) Reset the system by using the button under the dash

3) If above does'nt work them disconnect the car Battery for 10 minutes and then re-connect  - this will reset all the electrical systems in the car.

Does the issue happen anywhere? or any one particular location (rule out interference)

The final resort might be to take it a good time-served electrician to diagnose or Lexus themselves

• Like 1

Test the fob Battery with a multimeter. I've had a few supposedly new batteries that were below 3.0V straight from sealed packaging recently, a couple from well known brand names. The CR2032 should give 3.3V when new and you start to see problems once it drops below 3.0V.

• Like 1

Thanks to you both for your inputs. I'm 100% sure it isn't the keyfobs as I wasn't at the stage of getting the Battery Warnings on the dashboard. New batteries didn't change anything.

The strange thing is that everything just started working as normal on Saturday evening. I checked a few times on Sunday and all was still well and this morning I've taken it for a drive. Only now am I confident enough to say it's working well.

I did take the key cover off to check under there and I did turn my broadband router off too, but it was all still intermittent after that. What I did do is get between the passenger side and the fence and open the NSR Door. Everything seemed to be OK after that. Not sure that had anything to do with it as the boot sensor was intermittent too, but I'm just happy it's working and locking from 50m away too.

Still mystified!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

You probably know this anyway, but if you're ever stuck, there is a key in your key fob to get into the car.  If you're using your key card, there is one in there too.  This will get you into the car itself, though the alarm may go off.   You then touch the start button with the card or fob, push the button simultaneously, and the car will start and the alarm stop.

Hope it doesn't come to that!

: o )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links