Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Fitted Mintex Pads

TheDon

well i just fitted my new mintex front pads, very nice they are too, altho i had to remove the smallest shim from each pad (the thin one between outer shim and pad) as the new pads must be 1mm thicker than the lexus pads.

it would not let me swing the caliper closed until i removed them.

Other than that they are pretty good and are bedding in fast.

Also got a chance to apply my chrome lexus logo stickers to my black calipers and laquer them. very cool. makes the wheels look better!

Also you can see the Japsai springs in the background (red)

See Here

Edited by ifraz

MDB 1708 pads. Aparently they are also for the supra range????

Oh well they fit like a glove, stop the car. if i need to re add that shim i will wait till they have worn down a bit then slip them in

oh and they were in a red box, £39

yeah, i probably should have done that but didnt have a lot of time, am planning on repainting the calipers tho this summer so wil do that then.

hahaha, i was getting creative with the copper grease while the laquer was drying.

I never forget to put copper grease on the back of hubs and studs after having trouble with a friends alloy that "welded" itself to the disc of a golf thru chemical reaction

i had to remove the smallest shim from each pad (the thin one between outer shim and pad) as the new pads must be 1mm thicker than the lexus pads.

sure you got the pistons all the way back in?? as the shim is only very very thin.

well there is no way on earth i would fit the OE pads ever, got so fed up of the dust, mintex came highly recommended and after 40 miles of driving feel much better, more progressive with an even bite. will report back about dust but i should imagine they will be better.

Plus they should work well with my planned fitting of the DBA discs.

The pistons were all the way back, the problem is in the inside face of the non piston side of the caliper, the distance between that and the inside face of the lower bolting face is a set and unadjustable distance. this is what requited me to remove that shim.

i have had the pads for 100 miles now and i can honestly say that they are 100 times better than the origional pads. Much more progressive and powerful. Less jerkyness when applying them hard.

I full recomend them

i have had the pads for 100 miles now and i can honestly say that they are 100 times better than the origional pads. Much more progressive and powerful. Less jerkyness when applying them hard.

I full recomend them

Or is it that your old pads were worn and even new stock pads would have felt much better???

I full recomend them

Or is it that your old pads were worn and even new stock pads would have felt much better???

;)

well i pride myself on always knowing the feeling of my cars/bikes and over the years have been thru many different compounds and have never found OE pads to be very good, longevitry etc are the main things they are concerned with (as well as lots of dust!).

On bikes such as suzuki, pads are ok but glaze over when you ride them hard, ebc HH pads give much better feel and grab, the same for mountainbike disc brakes, so what im trying to say is i know my brakes, and was a development rider for HOPE UK (disc brake manufacturer).

And there was plenty of meat left on the pads when i changed them, a good 6mm on the piston side and 8mm on non piston side.

But as compounds go they feel good, they are not noisy and are very positive and responsive, i believe its a sintered brass compound (or resembles one).

i got the same ones fitted to mine with the DBA Disk, have had them for a couple of months now, i think they are well worth it, less brakedust and as TheDon says, better braking response and feel compared to the stock set-up and the EBS Pads..

i got the same ones fitted to mine with the DBA Disk, have had them for a couple of months now, i think they are well worth it, less brakedust and as TheDon says, better braking response and feel compared to the stock set-up and the EBS Pads..

Did you have to remove the shim?

yeh i had the shim removed when i had the EBC Pads put on, because of their thickness, so when i had the Mintex fitted, i didn't bother with shim either..

they're fine at the moment, see how they go when warned down a bit then may put them back in..

• 4 weeks later...

well i just got my quote for a set of front discs from mintex too, £79.99 for the pair! not bad eh. think i will be ordering me some of them

• 1 year later...