Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mp3 Player

johnboy

its got really bad sound

copied a cd to me hard drive on comp.

plugged in mp3 player and system found the device.

pressed copy to device

it copied over ok but when i went to play it back on player very distorted sound

if i play it through me comp it sounds perfect also tried different headphones.

could be faulty unit i spose ?

anyone else had probs

bought it new today its packard bell

john :excl:

Maybe it's faulty memory or something on the device - are you turning the volume down on the headphones or the mp3 player? Long shot but maybe the volume is at 100% on the player and turned down on the headphones which could be how distortion is getting through??? If the mp3's play alright on the PC you've isolated it to the MP3 player - are the files at the right bitrate etc that the device supports? Could be something like that - might be worth dropping the bitrate (unlikely to make a difference though as it shouldn't play it at all)...

Have you tried downloading an mp3 off the internet and transferring it across to the player?

Does sound like a faulty device though more than a PC issue..

I've never used a packard bell player so I'm not sure if there are any specific issues.

Are you using windows media player to copy the CD and copy to device? If you are it may be that the player has difficulty with the wma format that media player uses by default.

Although this is a long shot, perhaps you could try an alternative program, such as the freely available DB Power Amp, to copy the CD to mp3 then copy it to the player using Windows Explorer.

I had similar probs with my mp3 player (creative) :angry: - i downloaded the latest drivers & firmware from the website and its working fine now :D :D

but seeing as though yours in brand new, take it back and get another one B)