Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Found An Is

smw

A few quick questions I’d like to run past you guys – basically I’m heavily searching for an IS and have found one from a non Lexus (main Vauxhall) dealer.

Black SE Auto, 1 owner, 36 000 miles, 2001 Y plate. FLSH.

It’s priced well but I have the following niggles – any feedback appreciated:

1. There are no tools in the boot (wheel brace, jack etc. – should there be ?

2. 2 of the alloys are slightly pitted – will Lexus replace / refurbish under warranty? (car will be 3 years old in May)

3. The CD player has the slot in the top – is this the right way round (I remember bottom slots can cause err3 or is it the other way round)

4. It has done 36k so the 40k service will be due shortly – ideas of cost ?

Really appreciate your help – I could probably answer all this with some searches but I’m short of time so looking for quick answers – Thanx.

1. yes there should be tools/ jack etc -

2. wheels should b replaced under the warranty but check first

3. err3 common with cd slot at bottom but can happen with slot at top

4. depends wher u take it - i paid about £200 for mine but some charge about £350

1.) Yes it should have a tool kit and jack in the boot, the tool kit is located in a polystyrene holder that sits inside the spare wheel under the boot carpet. The jack is located on the left hand side of the boot, again under the carpet.

2.) The alloys are covered under warranty so get them to a Lexus dealer before may!

3.) The top slot CD player is the newer one so there should be no err3 problems.

4.) The 40k service is the same as the 20k I think - it cost me around £230 but shop around for the cheapest prices. It would be cheaper if you became a gold member and used your discount though.....

How much is it on for, and whats it like compared in price to one on the Lexus used car site?

It's up at £13995 so I'm expecting to get about £500 off making it around £13500.

Puts it about £1000 under Lexus main dealer.

If I don't go for it do you want the details ?

That's not bad, I paid £13,500 for a Sep/2000 X back in September last year with 54k on the clock from the Lexus dealers.

I think the main difference though will be that you'll get the Lexus approved warranty for a year if you buy from a main dealer whereas you won't here - you'll just get whatever the Vauxhall guys give you.

Saying that I haven't used the main warranty yet but I'm tempted to extend it for the 700 quid it costs....

Good luck mate anyway!

I think the main difference though will be that you'll get the Lexus approved warranty for a year if you buy from a main dealer whereas you won't here - you'll just get whatever the Vauxhall guys give you.

I'll get the dealers warranty but I guess it's pretty much worthless (much like a Vectra really :lol: )

I think I upset them when I asked if they had kept the old Lex dealers plates and could put them back on the car rather than the brand new shiny Vauxhall ones !

I'm slowly going off this car . . . dunno.

why not give Lexus Edinburgh a call, they have done some great deals for members, and might be able to offer you a really good deal. (they also offer to pay for the flight up there for collection)

this is slightly off the point but why would a used lexus be on a vauxhall forecourt?

only reason i can see is that it went to them in a part ex but that again begs the question why???? :P

this is slightly off the point but why would a used lexus be on a vauxhall forecourt?

only reason i can see is that it went to them in a part ex but that again begs the question why???? :P

yeah thats what they said - it was taken in p/x and it was 'so good' they kept it for resale off their forecourt.

Anyway I've found a Lex approved one that I like the sound of . . . in Nottingham though . . bit far . . anyone near fancy taking a look ?

to answer that question, a lot of main dealers dont want older lexus cause theres no money in them so they pass them on to the small garages ,they take less profit,you get big savings on none lex dealers.i did. :winky:

Don't know if it is any use, but Ron Brookes Toyota in Mansfield has a 51 Reg Jan 2002 IS200 SE Auto for £14,495 with about 11k on the clock. I was going around all the local toyota dealers last week to find a cheap Yaris for my brother and found this deal! The web site www.toyota.co.uk/ronbrooks list it at £15,995 but it must have had a price drop recently as the windscreen clearly said £14,495 on Friday. There is a photo of the car here.

Full details of the car here

They advertise the car as an IS200 S, but it is definately an SE, with Oakham interior. I would buy it myself, but I should be getting my dad's 51 plate SE Auto/Nav very soon :-)

Cheers

Phil

to answer that question, a lot of main dealers dont want older lexus cause theres no money in them so they pass them on to the small garages ,they take less profit,you get big savings on none lex dealers.i did.

that actually makes sense. there was me thinkin someone had actually traded in a lexus for a vauxhall!!!! :lol:

there was me thinkin someone had actually traded in a lexus for a vauxhall!!!! :lol:

Well that is actually what the vauxhall dealer said.

''Now let me see, why I am driving this Lex when I could have that lovely Vectra''

Sounds odd.

Well it's only been about 12 months in the searching but I have finally found my new car and paid the deposit today

Thanks to Fidgits for his continual nagging on the subject and a big thanx to ifraz who looked at the car for me in the pouring rain and sent me a lovely detailed report and pictures by e mail.

Haven't got a collection date yet but could even be this weekend.

And it is . . .

2001 X reg IS SE in Black with Exmoor interior. It's an auto with FLSX and just turned 43 000 miles. It has a high level integrated brake light spoiler, 1 Owner and comes with 1 Year Lexus warranty, RAC Cover, 6 months tax, 12 Months MOT (although it's not due until Sept 04) and half a tank of fuel.

It's at Lexus Nottingham (but not for much longer )

Happy bunny.

Well it's only been about 12 months in the searching but I have finally found my new car and paid the deposit today

Thanks to Fidgits for his continual nagging on the subject and a big thanx to ifraz who looked at the car for me in the pouring rain and sent me a lovely detailed report and pictures by e mail.

Haven't got a collection date yet but could even be this weekend.

And it is . . .

2001 X reg IS SE in Black with Exmoor interior. It's an auto with FLSX and just turned 43 000 miles. It has a high level integrated brake light spoiler, 1 Owner and comes with 1 Year Lexus warranty, RAC Cover, 6 months tax, 12 Months MOT (although it's not due until Sept 04) and half a tank of fuel.

It's at Lexus Nottingham (but not for much longer )

Happy bunny.

Thats fantastic...happy to hear that you have finally found the car you wanted.

This really did look good and a great example of an IS. B) Hope Lexus Nottingham looked after you.

Did you come up to Nottingham to have a look?

Give me a shout if you want when you are next in Nottingham and we could meet up. B)