Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thought I had better put this on a new topic rather than shipping time.

On a 70 mile round trip today got back home with exactly 61 mpg on the clock.

Pretty pleased with that.

Bill D.

• Like 4

Still getting used to how the UX hybrid works in terms of mpg but I'm beginning to think I may have to modify some statements I made in the past which were based on my then Kia Niro. 

This car had a better mpg on short journeys around town, the opposite to what you would expect on a standard ICE car. I put this down to the Battery being used for a greater percentage of the time compared to higher speed journeys and assumed all hybrid cars would be the same, my findings so far on the UX appear to be a bit different, so I suppose it depends on how the system is controlled, perhaps a bit biggery Battery in the UX, I've noticed the car seems to run on Battery a bit more than the Niro. UX consumption is not quite so good but I expected that, bigger engine. heavier car.

Bill D.

These are my tank to tank fill-ups over the last 1600 miles - the low one was a long trip up and down the M6/M5 to Devon - never the best place for a Hybrid from previous two cars experience 

C5145671-EB1E-4674-8176-50619F0732D9.png

You can get information similar to this through the Lexus Link App but this of course is based on the theoretical mpg that you see on the dash rather than true tank to tank measurements 

Car computer figures always tend to be up to 10% ambitious over true tank to tank measurements - I’ve been incredibly anal about mpg for over 40 years and the true figures always show up this discrepancy 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Paulo_B said:

O use the Lexus app and it seems pretty accurate!

Not bad average fuel consumption!

79F1A6B0-BD36-4D4B-9BE1-05E4215BDCA7.png

Paolo, how do you see this assessment of fuel consumption in the App? When I look I see a meaningless "driver score". I note though you are on a Page 7 whilst I can't seem to move off Page 1. I tried swiping up and down then left and right. Right moves me to all trips.  Excuse my not understanding.

26 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

Paolo, how do you see this assessment of fuel consumption in the App? When I look I see a meaningless "driver score". I note though you are on a Page 7 whilst I can't seem to move off Page 1. I tried swiping up and down then left and right. Right moves me to all trips.  Excuse my not understanding.

Bottom menu: Click on the 3 horizontal lines

Click on Hybrid Coaching

Then you have all the options you are looking for.

Here’s some screenshots

34B3062B-1873-4E12-ADDB-EE7EFFCFE440.thumb.jpeg.e3bb6701ec4aadaf499717dc5a965be1.jpeg

4DA1F3AA-8F6E-48A1-AEB3-1BF0797A8233.png

F8045F9B-5DF9-4EA1-A4A2-CBA8195DBDAA.png

• Thanks 1

Hello Paulo, I have no problem navigating through to Hybrid coaching, once I am there all I see is driver score which means nothing to me. How do you switch from driver score to fuel consumption for example? This appeared to be on page 7 in your example earlier but I cannot move off page 1? Sorry to pester you.

Seem to remember a post a while ago saying that the UX did not display miles left in tank, I found this quite disappointing as my then Kia Niro had it which I found quite useful.

However playing about with the squillion menus I came across it, Lexus call it cruise range, you guys may already know this of course.

Had my first after dark drive last week, the LED adaptive lights are amazing.

My wife commented that the high pitched noise from the motor when manouvering on Battery alone sounded terrible. Is yours the same? is it a built in artificial noise as a warning.

Anyone know if I can change it to an F1 V10 engine noise!!!

Bill D.

2 minutes ago, Nelsthebass said:
21 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

Seem to remember a post a while ago saying that the UX did not display miles left in tank, I found this quite disappointing as my then Kia Niro had it which I found quite useful.

However playing about with the squillion menus I came across it, Lexus call it cruise range, you guys may already know this of course.

Had my first after dark drive last week, the LED adaptive lights are amazing.

My wife commented that the high pitched noise from the motor when manouvering on battery alone sounded terrible. Is yours the same? is it a built in artificial noise as a warning.

Anyone know if I can change it to an F1 V10 engine noise!!!

Bill D.

Hi Bill - if you just go up or down on the left hand steering wheel controls it shows cruise range ….

2 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

Hello Paulo, I have no problem navigating through to Hybrid coaching, once I am there all I see is driver score which means nothing to me. How do you switch from driver score to fuel consumption for example? This appeared to be on page 7 in your example earlier but I cannot move off page 1? Sorry to pester you.

Where it says” Your average driver score is …”  just swipe left to go through all the pages

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, Paulo_B said:

O use the Lexus app and it seems pretty accurate!

Not bad average fuel consumption!

79F1A6B0-BD36-4D4B-9BE1-05E4215BDCA7.png

Well done Paulo on your MPG

I'm getting 57.8

IMG_9513.thumb.jpg.89ed77a43c0d757c87665b047701f307.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links