Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2018 RX450h Premier.  Boot Sensor on top of the Lexus Badge only works when doors are unlocked which defeats the reason for having it.   When doors are locked, only way to open boot is with the fob or by pressing in the open catch under the boot lid.   Sensor works when doors are unlocked.  Does anybody know if this is normal operation ?

1 hour ago, dgw1 said:

Sensor works when doors are unlocked.  Does anybody know if this is normal operation ?

My RX is same year as yours, sensor works once to unlock and then again to open the boot (with the key on your person), but I find it is a bit hit and miss, the movement over the sensor needs to be quite slow and deliberate to be recognised so I have given up with it.

• Like 1

Same here!  Thanks. At least I know it isn’t malfunctioning.  I will also now give up on it.  Only thing that doesn’t work properly… so far.  

You are lucky. On my limo you could hover till rigor mortis sets in.  Even reset the sensitivity to high ( using Clarista ). But to no avail.  Thanks for info.