Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My ISF on EBay £14995

Looks a good price to me, these cars dont sell quickly unless you get lucky as they are quite niche. If you need a quick sale maybe try motorway.co.uk or look to see if any local car dealer will list it for you for a commission? Some people are put off private sales. Otherwise I'd continue to enjoy it whilst you still can and it will sell as it looks a good car for the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eric skerritt said:

Had a Dolomite Sprint back in the day which was described as a 'wolf in sheeps clothing'. The ISF is the modern day equivalent (only better). If only I had the means to buy it.Good luck with the sale.

It really is a lovely car, will make the next owner very happy. I am making the most of it while I still have it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

18 hours ago, Rich1988 said:

Can’t believe I’m having so much trouble selling my ISF , I really didn’t think it’d take so long. Now I’ve reduced it to just £14995 :0

Why don't you try Motorway.co.uk or other car reselling services?

1 hour ago, DamianLEX said:

It’s either that bad in economy or people don’t want good reliable cars any more. Lease, 22 plate, 6k miles per year etc, thats what counts nowadays…?

You're assuming the masses buy cars on technical merit...

Wbac value it at £12,000 , and Motorway say £15200 but that is just an average from their dealers. You still have to wait for one to come forward who is interested in buying it. 
I have a new listing on eBay now.

I am going to leave it till the end of the month and if it doesn’t sell I’m just going to bite the bullet and keep it. 
From my experience the market for these is extremely small, most people after a performance V8 are lured in by badges such as AMG and M. They buy what the journalist say!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rich1988 said:

Wbac value it at £12,000 , and Motorway say £15200 but that is just an average from their dealers. You still have to wait for one to come forward who is interested in buying it. 
I have a new listing on eBay now.

I am going to leave it till the end of the month and if it doesn’t sell I’m just going to bite the bullet and keep it. 
From my experience the market for these is extremely small, most people after a performance V8 are lured in by badges such as AMG and M. They buy what the journalist say!

Ive used Motorway to sell my RS4 a few years ago, its was a slow process waiting for the dealers to bid, in the end it was only 1 dealer who wanted the car and they bought it. 

I agree the press coverage is pretty poor and unfair on the Lexus, secondly I think the cost of living and the household looming increase in bills on October the 1st is putting people off. The price is fair for sure as they are more expensive examples but again without causing a stir (im a recent owner too) - I dont think these high prices for out cars will last.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTCC_ Racer said:

Nice, which part of the country did the car end up going? What did you sell it for in the end? I think the pricing for ISF a little off.

It’s gone to a nice guy in Spalding. I got £14,900 in the end. It was faultless so wasn’t really anything to knock me down for apart from a friendly £100 for some fuel. 

At least i can say I’ve had one now, even if it wasn’t for long.

Good luck to the other guys selling theirs 

• Like 3