Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LEXUS 100k miles maintenance

That is something I have noticed about Lexus site recently, you cannot check what is included in the service plan any longer or it is hidden somewhere in stupid place. 

The closest I can find is US site, which will give you idea of what is generally included, but their neither have schedule for IS300h (which I assume includes maybe hybrid check), nor it necessary has to be the same as in UK. https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/service/maintenance-schedules

I think in UK they now expect you to call to confirm what is included or use option on the site for them call-back. Quite disappointing really as in the past it was possible to check what is included in every single service and compare. 

• Like 1

I nearly chocked when i say this!!

image.thumb.png.177c2ee424cdb57a494fbc27fd195ae5.png

Did i suddenly wake up in a parallel universe.... how can it be £735 for the 80 and 100k service????

Then on the other page i found this:

image.thumb.png.d056cc4d010361a212c0ac65a8b79a22.png

Big difference between £735 and £475!!

So what is going on? both come from lexus.co.uk website.

• Like 2

Covid recovery profits, £ to €$¥ exchange rate, inflation, war in Ukraine any excuse will do.

As for what gets done on each service this is now cyber encrypted and only available on request after passing the rigorous security checks.

• Haha 2

I have just taken out a new service agreement with Lexus in Liverpool covering the 70,80 and 90 thousand mile services for £1045.

I understand that these prices will increase shortly.

Whilst my vehicle has not done anywhere near 70.000 miles the survices relate to the age of my vehicle - 6th, 7th and 8th year service.

Sounds like you got in at the right time.

Averages out about 350 per service. Likely a fiesta service will come in at that at a Ford main dealer.

Anyone wanting a service plan or looking to renew then now may be a good time to act and sign on the line.

• Like 1

you can sign up for up to a ten year service plan at todays prices, depending on age of car.

I have six year plans for both cars, should save a lot.

If you cancel plan you can get refund minus about £25.

Service plan with a specified dealer rather than national plan should get at least 10% discount on top.

• Like 1

There's been a recent hike in service prices (from 1st Aug).

@bigglesfllesundone I asked Lexus Jemca Sidcup re a dealership service plan and they said they don't do those anymore and only issue our national service plans (of course, this may differ to other dealerships). 

I signed up recently to a 2 year plan (90k and 100k services) - total £910.00 (before the hike).

Edited by Jose DS
service prices, not plans..

Oh for the joy of running an older reliable well serviced Lexus .  like mine, where annual servicing costs are but a likely smidgen of those indicated :thumbsup:

They're simply taking the peeee with a bigun ... P that is

Malc

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

So is it just me or are service prices no longer shown on the Lexus Portal?

This page now has a simple intermediate/full service pricing for each model: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/servicing-mot-hybrid-health-check

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

This page now has a simple intermediate/full service pricing for each model: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/servicing-mot-hybrid-health-check

Funny how it isn't even correct - "IS, NX, RC, ES - £290 / £550"? Surely, it does not cost the same to get full service on IS250 as it is on IS300h, nor 60k miles service costs like 100k miles service. 

I really struggle to understand what Lexus tried to achieve with the page changes, previously one could at least see what is included and how much it costs. It was not very simple, but understandable enough. Now it is outright misleading.

6 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Funny how it isn't even correct - "IS, NX, RC, ES - £290 / £550"? Surely, it does not cost the same to get full service on IS250 as it is on IS300h, nor 60k miles service costs like 100k miles service. 

I really struggle to understand what Lexus tried to achieve with the page changes, previously one could at least see what is included and how much it costs. It was not very simple, but understandable enough. Now it is outright misleading.

Maybe they have simplified it and amortised the bigger services (such as spark plugs and coolant changes etc) into those two simple charges - would make sense for Lexus given the Relax Warranty as no more arguments over when items should be done as there is no cost difference to the customer whether they are done or not...? I guess the only way to know is test the pricing at an appropriate service and see what the dealer says...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

Maybe they have simplified it and amortised the bigger services (such as spark plugs and coolant changes etc) into those two simple charges

Or maybe plugs and coolant change will be separate chargeable items.

I purchased a service plan for 50, 60 & 70k miles, the cost of those three services combined is now lower with the new prices than the service plan I purchased, so maybe they will sting me for a set of plugs at 60k as that's no longer part of the standard service?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

Or maybe plugs and coolant change will be separate chargeable items.

I purchased a service plan for 50, 60 & 70k miles, the cost of those three services combined is now lower with the new prices than the service plan I purchased, so maybe they will sting me for a set of plugs at 60k as that's no longer part of the standard service?

That is more likely - whatever is different between services they charge extra and recommend doing it, rather than including in the service for different cost, whereas service cost itself is just oils, filters and checks. It would make sense for people on low mileages where part replacement like spark plugs not actually due. However, if you try to book a service with your number plates you will see that say 100k for IS250 is £650, for RC200t it is £600 etc. So they are definitely not flat £550.

I mean site literally looks like it is under development at the moment as each day it says different things, like 3 days ago there was no summary of "approximate" service pricing and one could select different services after entering car plates. Today it just says recommended service based on car and mileage and I can't even find how to choose different service.

Perhaps we should give it few weeks and they will sort it out, because at the moment it is just confusing and misleading. 

• Like 1

I followed your advice and purchased today via phone with Lexus Cardiff 3 years service for my RCF.

7,8,9 year for £1457. No more discounts ( I begged him 🙂 ) 

However he asked either single payment of £1457 or split and pay £300.83 and 17x £68.01. As you can imagine I did choose to pay in instalments as there is no difference.

Funny was when I asked him to quote me for few services and guy tried with 2 services first.

Then I asked him to prepare a quote for THREE.

His answer - We don't do free servicing! 😊

It is so hard sometimes for foreigners here...

• Haha 2

I asked the question to Lexus Magazine, on a feature on Customer service.

Good Morning,
This month the pricing structure for Lexus Servicing has changed.
There are now just Intermediate and Full services.
Formerly it was more expensive for the 60k and 100k services, as these involved spark plug and various fluid changes for coolants and lubrication.
Will these 60k and 100k additional pieces of work be included in the Full service at that time please?
If these are not included, then for customers who have purchased a service plan before the changes, will the old schedule be adhered to, or will they need to pay the extra charges?
thank you

With the answer:

Thanks for your questions.
The Service Regime has not altered for Lexus Servicing, only the pricing model.
This has been simplified in order to make the pricing easier to understand, with only two possible Service charges.
Hope this helps.
Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigglesfllesundone said:

I asked the question to Lexus Magazine, on a feature on Customer service.

Good Morning,
This month the pricing structure for Lexus Servicing has changed.
There are now just Intermediate and Full services.
Formerly it was more expensive for the 60k and 100k services, as these involved spark plug and various fluid changes for coolants and lubrication.
Will these 60k and 100k additional pieces of work be included in the Full service at that time please?
If these are not included, then for customers who have purchased a service plan before the changes, will the old schedule be adhered to, or will they need to pay the extra charges?
thank you

With the answer:

Thanks for your questions.
The Service Regime has not altered for Lexus Servicing, only the pricing model.
This has been simplified in order to make the pricing easier to understand, with only two possible Service charges.
Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Seems clear in that case - thanks for doing the query. 

On 8/2/2022 at 6:28 PM, wharfhouse said:

Don't know if I misunderstood, but when I put my details in the link it seems to show service schedule based purely on mileage, whereas dealers service based on number of years, regardless of mileage. eg I was quoted for a 100k service, which was done 2 years ago at 10 years old.

• 3 weeks later...

Finnaly booked and done at Lexus Plymouth!

Here's a full list for all of you who are interested in what's included in a 100k miles maintenance:

Carry out 100K/120 month full service as per schedule.

• Includes:- Replace engine oil & oil filter.
  • Inspect drive belt.
  • Replace windscreen washer fluid.
  • Check all fluid levels & top up as required.
  • Inspect cooling system, hoses & connections.
  • Inspect radiator & condenser for debris & signs of damage.
  • Inspect inverter coolant.
  • Replace engine coolant.
  • Inspect air filter element.
  • Inspect charcoal canister.
  • Replace brake fluid.
  • Inspect brake pads & discs.
  • Check brake pipes & hoses.
  • Inspect fuel cap, fuel lines & connections.
  • Replace rear differential oil.
  • Inspect steering wheel, gear & linkages.
  • Inspect drive shafts including CV boots.
  • Inspect ball joints & dust covers.
  • Inspect wheel bearings.
  • Inspect wheel alignment.
  • Inspect front & rear suspension.
  • Inspect for under vehicle and under hood fluid leaks.
  • Check exhaust system for security & leaks.
  • Check all tyre pressures (including spare if equipped).
  • Check wheel rims for damage & tighten wheel nuts to correct torque.
  • Check operation of hand brake.
  • Check brake pedal travel.
  • Check operation of lights, horns, wipers & washers.
  • Check function of all warning lights.
  • Inspect glass and light lenses.
  • Replace pollen filter.
  • Check seat belts for damage & operation.
  • Check operation of alarm system.
  • Check installation of driver's floor mat.
  • Replace remote control Battery.
  • Carry out hybrid health check.
  • Reset OMMS.
  • Carry out wash & vacuum.
  • Carry out visual safety report.
Snows_Logo.png
Ross Taylor
 | 
Service Advisor
Toyota_Logo.png

On 8/21/2022 at 11:08 AM, mastersport01 said:

Finnaly booked and done at Lexus Plymouth!

Here's a full list for all of you who are interested in what's included in a 100k miles maintenance:

Carry out 100K/120 month full service as per schedule.

• Includes:- Replace engine oil & oil filter.
  • Inspect drive belt.
  • Replace windscreen washer fluid.
  • Check all fluid levels & top up as required.
  • Inspect cooling system, hoses & connections.
  • Inspect radiator & condenser for debris & signs of damage.
  • Inspect inverter coolant.
  • Replace engine coolant.
  • Inspect air filter element.
  • Inspect charcoal canister.
  • Replace brake fluid.
  • Inspect brake pads & discs.
  • Check brake pipes & hoses.
  • Inspect fuel cap, fuel lines & connections.
  • Replace rear differential oil.
  • Inspect steering wheel, gear & linkages.
  • Inspect drive shafts including CV boots.
  • Inspect ball joints & dust covers.
  • Inspect wheel bearings.
  • Inspect wheel alignment.
  • Inspect front & rear suspension.
  • Inspect for under vehicle and under hood fluid leaks.
  • Check exhaust system for security & leaks.
  • Check all tyre pressures (including spare if equipped).
  • Check wheel rims for damage & tighten wheel nuts to correct torque.
  • Check operation of hand brake.
  • Check brake pedal travel.
  • Check operation of lights, horns, wipers & washers.
  • Check function of all warning lights.
  • Inspect glass and light lenses.
  • Replace pollen filter.
  • Check seat belts for damage & operation.
  • Check operation of alarm system.
  • Check installation of driver's floor mat.
  • Replace remote control battery.
  • Carry out hybrid health check.
  • Reset OMMS.
  • Carry out wash & vacuum.
  • Carry out visual safety report.
Snows_Logo.png
Ross Taylor
 | 
Service Advisor
Toyota_Logo.png

I had my 100k service carried out under the old Essentials servicing. I asked my Lexus dealer to change the coolant (at additional cost) but they tested it and said it was all OK for a while longer. I was quite surprised as I was willing to pay for it to be done and it's on the 100k service list. I do quite a high mileage though (car is 8 years old and 120k miles) so will leave it to 150k miles now I think and ask them to change it along with the inverter coolant as it's the same fluid. 

• Like 1

I had my IsF done last year - intermediate service £350 ish.

It is due in next week for a full 100K service ( it has done 60K miles and had a spark plug change recently ).

I am having the boot gas struts replaced as they have failed plus a couple of minor jobs such as getting the rattling gravel stones out from the plastic weather shields under the car. I am not expecting any change out of £1000.😥.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links