Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Luckiest Person Ever!

I put a message on the board earlier in the week about a slight rattle at low revs, i had a couple of replies and it was not what they had thought.

This morning i thought i would take the timing belt cover off to see if it was the tensioner bearing or to try and get closer to the problem. What i found i think that you will all agree that i am the luckiest B*****d to find it

post-50-1082284127.jpg

Sorry I'm not mechanically minded but what's that we're looking at and why is it bad??

On the first pic the teeth on the round pully you can see should be totally covered by the belt and all the rest has been hacked away by something :crybaby:

If the belt had snapped or i had not found it, it would of been game over for my engine. :crybaby::crybaby:

If the belt had snapped or i had not found it, it would of been game over for my engine.

Not sure about the 1G-FE engine but nearly every other Toyota engine that uses a belt you just align the crank/camshafts put a new belt on and drive away - no engine damage.

I put a message on the board earlier in the week about a slight rattle at low revs, i had a couple of replies and it was not what they had thought.

This morning i thought i would take the timing belt cover off to see if it was the tensioner bearing or to try and get closer to the problem. What i found i think that you will all agree that i am the luckiest B*****d to find it

Very lucky that you checked :ohmy:

And very fortunate that it had not snapped yet :D

Hey guys, my car rattles ever so slightly when idle...

I posted this yonks ago and wasn't happy with the responses!

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=11087&hl=

I'm not sure what's going on now! Bit worried!

Its easy to check.

first you take off the air inlet which is 3 bolts, then you take the top cam cover off which is 4 bolts. it takes no longer than 15 mins

I would check just for peace of mind. i am glad i did :D :D

OKA97 - now im not sure if i am reading the tone of your message correctly but...... if you were not happy with the responses then why didnt you say so??????

people gave you some options as to what the noise could be based on their previous experiences- if you dont/didnt like those options then take the car to a dealer to have it checked out.

OKA97 - now im not sure if i am reading the tone of your message correctly but...... if you were not happy with the responses then why didnt you say so??????

people gave you some options as to what the noise could be based on their previous experiences- if you dont/didnt like those options then take the car to a dealer to have it checked out.

just what i was thinking fluff, we can only tell you what we think it could be not what it is. :whistling:

Hi

How many Miles or Kilometers has the Engine?

Gerd