Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reverse Gear

Gakman

OK...is this unique, or, does it get better? I've had my new IS200 SE four weeks and can't get her into reverse gear with one hand!! What do you mean, I hear you say, well, in order to get the stick into the reverse position, I have to use both hands!! Left to raise the bloody thing and right to push her over. Now, I'm not a three stones weakling, but this strikes me as being a little dubious! I thought initially that it was a symptom of being new, but it has not eased at all in four weeks.

The wife can't even put it into reverse! Anyone have a similar experience or able to offer any thoughts as to why this is the situation?

The wife can't even put it into reverse! Anyone have a similar experience or able to offer any thoughts as to why this is the situation?

I'll send my wife round. I bet she can do it.

Originally posted by Gakman

in order to get the stick into the reverse position, I have to use both hands!! Left to raise the bloody thing and right to push her over.

Err? On the Lexus you don't have to lift it to put it into reverse. You push it to the left and overcome the resistance. You don't have to lift it at all. Or has this changed on newer models?

Maybe so, but you and I both know that VERY few people have had success with rejecting a car as unfit for purpose under the SOGA.

In any event, as you say, it's better surely to just ask the dealer to fix the problem, which I am sure will be willingly done - it WAS you who said "ask for your money back" mate, not me!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links