Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX300h - Trailing Arm Bush Replacement

Has anyone had a problem with these. Last service shows they are becoming 'debonded' which in layman's terms means the rubber is perished. Lexus are quoting £662 to replacement which seems excess for 2 rubber joints. Car is 4 years old with 32k miles.

Should this be covered by warranty?

6 minutes ago, Kevin C said:

Has anyone had a problem with these. Last service shows they are becoming 'debonded' which in layman's terms means the rubber is perished. Lexus are quoting £662 to replacement which seems excess for 2 rubber joints. Car is 4 years old with 32k miles.

Was last service completed by Lexus Kevin?

If yes then claim might be accepted under new RELAX warranty. Ask them.

Do let us know what they say as we are trying to monitor claims under the new warranty.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kevin C said:

Hi Kevin, may I ask what the symptoms of this problem were please? Did you hear anything? Thanks,

Steve

4 hours ago, Kevin C said:

Car is 4 years old with 32k miles.

Kevin .....this is incredible ........... yes, the rubbers do wear with age and use and do become an MOT failure ......  I think mine began at about 15 years of age and  110k miles .  I would wait until the next MOT and see if they become an Advisory .....  presumably they weren't at the last MOT ??

Methinks the Main Dealer ( or someone ) is taking you for a proverbial cloud nine ride 

... as John says above .......... claim on the Warranty and see what excuse they give for not proceeding ...  no Lexus is built that poorly I'm sure :unsure:

Good luck

Malc

• Like 2

Thanks  for the replies and my apologies for the delay in responding.

The car has been serviced by Lexus from new and it was on the MOT as an advisory. Other than this there have been no issues with the car and no symptoms. 

I'll check with dealer regarding a warranty claim and let you know.

Regards,

Kevin

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kevin C said:

Thanks  for the replies and my apologies for the delay in responding.

The car has been serviced by Lexus from new and it was on the MOT as an advisory. Other than this there have been no issues with the car and no symptoms. 

I'll check with dealer regarding a warranty claim and let you know.

Regards,

Kevin

So, if I'm reading correctly, you didn't know there was a problem until the MOT told you so? 

Cheers

Steve

It won't  fall off it won't give you problems and as its an advisory, leave it until next year and see if it fails [ I doubt it very much] and so it goes on. I stopped having MOT's at Lexus and use a local garage. Lexus were very keen to fail, and as an ex-mechanic I felt they were after extra work. 

22 hours ago, Barry7 said:

Lexus were very keen to fail,

I would be inclined to ask Lexus how to proceed with the ( free ) warranty claim tho' ...  just in case there is a real problem

Malc

• 2 months later...

Got 2018, 70000 miles had same problem. There was also an oil leak on the timing chain cover 

quoted £1875 for the oil leak and £750 for the bushes 

they have covered the oil leak on the relax, but not the bushes saying perishable item and mileage 

1 out if 2 

will look at getting an independent to do them