Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of selling

Sadly, as I'm changing career (going back on the tools) the RCF is going to be sold, just need time to put together a full advert on here. I'd welcome any thoughts on a realistic sale price, I am realistic that the used car market for these cars is somewhat erratic. It's a 2015 car with FLSH. Just serviced and new MOT on 08.08.2022. 44,000 miles. alloys need a refurb. Many thanks.

2115311304_IMG202208091334132.thumb.jpg.a28311193cd503705bbd6c8e67c55491.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

If it's any help I bought mine 1 year ago for £35k (2016, 17k miles at the time).

For a private sale I'd imagine £29-32k is reasonable, depending on condition.

Many thanks, I'm going to price it keenly at 27-28k and see what interest there is. 

On 8/10/2022 at 11:45 AM, emjay82 said:

Sadly, as I'm changing career (going back on the tools) the RCF is going to be sold, just need time to put together a full advert on here. I'd welcome any thoughts on a realistic sale price, I am realistic that the used car market for these cars is somewhat erratic. It's a 2015 car with FLSH. Just serviced and new MOT on 08.08.2022. 44,000 miles. Alloys need a refurb. Many thanks.

2115311304_IMG202208091334132.thumb.jpg.a28311193cd503705bbd6c8e67c55491.jpg

Might want to take a look at this one - was mine but sadly the thirst combined with fuel prices and a more frequent 30 odd mile commute was getting a little much.

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Rc-F-Coupe/500-50-2dr-Auto-kmcxg3a

Similar age and mileage to yours, has TVD and the Levinson stereo - on with Swindon at £33,555.

Reading have one with 62k on the clock for £29,990.

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Rc-F-Coupe/500-50-2dr-Auto-With-Mark-Levinson-and-TVD-r1cvpp4

Interestingly, the Reading one is pretty much as cheap as they get on Autotrader currently - ignoring a CAT N one.

All stuff you have already seen I'm sure, does yours have the TVD?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Many thanks, I'm going to price it keenly at 27-28k and see what interest there is. 

Might be worth trying a couple of the Lexus dealers - potentially easier than a private sale, if they'll give you a number you're happy with.

From my point of view I didn't have the time or inclination to sell privately and I got a £ number I was happy with. Still sorry to see it go though.

Good luck with it - hope you get a good price.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HughTwo said:

Might be worth trying a couple of the Lexus dealers - potentially easier than a private sale, if they'll give you a number you're happy with.

From my point of view I didn't have the time or inclination to sell privately and I got a £ number I was happy with. Still sorry to see it go though.

Thank you, I doubt I'll get a decent offer out of Lexus, so I'll try a private sale first.

3 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Thank you, I doubt I'll get a decent offer out of Lexus, so I'll try a private sale first.

Might be a little more hassle selling private but you will get a decent offer if you hold out, these F cars are in demand. I’d stick it on auto trader eBay and on here. When I last sold my car I also put on a car vertical report. My Alpina sold in 2 days! 

I have been an owner of blue RCF for nearly a year now… So many times I thought about anything better for similar money, 4/5 doors GSF etc. Every time conclusion was the same: You wanted your toy so just enjoy it!
I don’t give a Fxxx if my car is 4.3/0-62 or could be 4.0 or anything similar honestly. 
At 36 I enjoy relax warranty, 5.0 V8 every morning and afternoon and the feeling that it is not going to be suddenly wrong for no reason like all EX Germans (Adolf bless them). 
The amount of money I did spend on repairs in previous S6/RS6/mapped 3.0 Vito Brabus would nearly buy me another RCF for sure. 
So today after all that when I think “German” I only mean to check speed limit in my current car on their autobahns. Never again, thank you. 

Honestly unless you are a prick looking at newest “REGs” there is nothing better value/money and will not be for a very long time than any 5.0 Lexus F. Mark my words… 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

I have been an owner of blue RCF for nearly a year now… So many times I thought about anything better for similar money, 4/5 doors GSF etc. Every time conclusion was the same: You wanted your toy so just enjoy it!
I don’t give a Fxxx if my car is 4.3/0-62 or could be 4.0 or anything similar honestly. 
At 36 I enjoy relax warranty, 5.0 V8 every morning and afternoon and the feeling that it is not going to be suddenly wrong for no reason like all EX Germans (Adolf bless them). 
The amount of money I did spend on repairs in previous S6/RS6/mapped 3.0 Vito Brabus would nearly buy me another RCF for sure. 
So today after all that when I think “German” I only mean to check speed limit in my current car on their autobahns. Never again, thank you. 

Honestly unless you are a prick looking at newest “REGs” there is nothing better value/money and will not be for a very long time than any 5.0 Lexus F. Mark my words… 

100% agree! I’ve had a RS4 which wasn’t to bad on the maintenance however my Alpina was nightmare constant ****ty Bosch sensors failing, timing chain issues, abs sensors ahhhh! No more German cars for me! I can’t see me selling the ISF for sometime even then it will be For a GSF etc.

A mate of mine has just sold his 2010 usb ISF to a garage (not Lexus) and got £25k cash without purchasing anything from them, I’d be phoning around as I think you’ll get more than u think and definitely more than Lexus would give you.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 5:08 PM, HughTwo said:

I’d scratch that idea of going to lexus dealerships, they offered me £28k for my GSF🤣

9ECE2304-7241-4731-9342-EDD060017579.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluethunder said:

Looks like the OP has sold his car. Didn't take long..Someone has grabbed a bargain  @27K!

27k - dam I didn’t see it advertised or was it on here. Even I would have been tempted! That’s a bargain!

Hi Mark! It really is a small world, I just joined the forum and saw your thread. The car really is lovely, I will start a thread on here at some point to track any changes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TG1 said:

Hi Mark! It really is a small world, I just joined the forum and saw your thread. The car really is lovely, I will start a thread on here at some point to track any changes.

Hi Taj, 

Glad you're enjoying the car, the F cars really are something special. The car has gone to a good home....😊, which slightly eases my depression after selling it 🤣.

No doubt I'll be back looking at an F in the near future!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links