Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello everyone, I really need your memberships help. My name's Rick and I've just found your site after 8 years of owning an LS430L, which I gave to my niece when her car gave up the ghost. I bought an LS600hl (14 years old) as a replacement which took all my savings, but I can honestly say it's the best car I've ever driven, I was a chauffeur for a good number of years and have driven over a million miles in my driving career. Being nearly 70 and a pensioner now, I expected this car to last me, possibly till I hung up my licence. However, I've only had it 5 months and a week ago I caught a low metal and concrete post, which was slightly below my eyeline, whilst executing a very tight 120 degree left turn severely denting the front passenger door, enough to put a crack in the window glass, and dent in the sill. Because of the age I guess, my insurers, Churchill, have said it is not viable to repair the damage. Now this is where your help would be very much appreciated, I know it's a fairly rare beast, but, can anyone point me in the direction of any breakers, or owners of a second-hand nearside front door, any colour, it can always be repainted, so I can save this beautiful example of Lexus workmanship from the scrapheap as I really love this car. Everything on the car still works perfectly (except nearside front window, still trapped by the dent in the door) and any help with my quest will be greatly received, God Bless you all, regards, Rick

• Sad 2

The LS460L and LS600HL should have the same doors.
I am not sure about the LS460 or LS600H (without the L) but since it's the front door, I believe those are also the same size as I believe only the rear doors are longer.
Steve, can you cross-check the part numbers for the front-left doors for LS460, LS600H, LS460L and LS600HL?
eBay and breakers will be your only source for used parts. New parts from Lexus will cost you a small fortune.

Here are a couple of 460 doors from eBay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233423380524
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304239983976

• Like 1

Rick, sorry to hear of your sad " loss "  .  hope you're all ok ..  and welcome to this Forum too

might it be a sensible idea to put your faith in a local well regarded repairer to oversee the whole job including finding the replacement parts too ?

Guess you're thinking to buy the write-off from your insurers who might give it a Cat  N  if you're lucky 

The payout, after your buy-back, should cover the costs of repair hopefully .....  I'd have thought, which expenses won't be cheap I'm sure 

If you're keeping this car forever then it shouldn't matter to you one jot if it's a Cat  N  write-off 

BUT check all that first AND that when it is repaired it will happily pass the next MOT and there's nowt in the bang that makes it unsafe going forward .........  a dented cill might just have other repurcussions to the whoile body structure .....  so i would check that out as a starter maybe

Good luck whatever

Malc

• Like 1

Hi Malc, sorry for the delay in replying due to a lot of to-ing and fro-ing between me and the insurance mediators who basically wanted to right off my perfectly good, if a little dented, car. The good news is that thanks to you guys at the Lexus owners club, I've managed to source a second-hand door complete with glass and wing mirror albeit a different colour. So, now waiting on it's delivery and fixing a date for the repair to proceed. Thanks again all. Hopefully see you out and about some time, regards, Rick

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links