Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

50 miles EV and 56mpg from empty on long run... This car is amazing

Agree 100%. I am achieving similar results and have managed over 60mpg using the hybrid/ICE only. Amazing performance considering the size and weight of the NX450h+.

All good and interesting stuff James and Ken, but 5 weeks ago on my way to Spain in my 20 year old 258,000 mile Merc, I recorded 60.6 mpg when travelling from Wirral to that Oasis on the M25 known as Clacket Lane.

Proving that one does not need to spend £40,000 plus or wait 12 months for delivery in order to drive economically and to do one`s bit to help save the Planet. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

All good and interesting stuff James and Ken, but 5 weeks ago on my way to Spain in my 20 year old 258,000 mile Merc, I recorded 60.6 mpg when travelling from Wirral to that Oasis on the M25 known as Clacket Lane.

Proving that one does not need to spend £40,000 plus or wait 12 months for delivery in order to drive economically and to do one`s bit to help save the Planet. 

Horses for courses, you aren’t getting 60 miles in electric mode and you are burning dirty diesel, I am sure 20 years ago your Merc would have been very expensive new and someone could have used the same argument against you, I think the figures for the NX are pretty impressive 

For me, coming from an outlander PHEV ( my 2nd one) the technology in the Hybrid system is amazing. 

To be able to do 50 miles on pure EV, and then if necessary get 50 mpg plus on longer trips even when lugging a huge Battery around is light years ahead of other phevs. 

My outlander when zero Battery used to just be a heavy 2.0l petrol 4x4, with empty Battery and struggled to get over 30mpg...  I know from test driving other new phevs it is a similar story and they cant get close to the NX figures in either EV mode or Hybrid..... 

• Like 5

Good to hear about the good mpg and EV range on the new PHEV NX . I test drove one a few months ago while my NX300 H was being serviced. It was a lovely car , but ..... the prices I was quoted seemed very high and the interior was very disappointing, didn’t feel luxury and not what I was expecting when considering the price . 

• Like 1

So regarding the impressive mpg figures quoted here when empty, I.e. Hybrid/ICE only mode, I have a couple of points to discuss / query.

Would I be correct to assume that what you lucky 450h+ owners are getting (mpg) is actually above what Lexus state for Hybrid/ICE only mode? Although I could not find that spec data.

When a 450h+ is in the Hybrid/ICE only mode, is the utilised hybrid Battery capacity the same as in the 350h?? The ICE is the same I believe. 

So, would a 350h get similar, or even more, mpg in its standard Hybrid/ICE only mode than a 450h+, as the 350h is lighter ( by 160kg ) due to not having a heavy HV Battery??

It would be good if any 350h owners can comment on their mpgs for comparison etc. I know that 350h's are as rare as rocking horse poo (waiting for mine), it seems that most users on here own a 450h+

• Like 1

8 hours ago, imgo said:

So regarding the impressive mpg figures quoted here when empty, I.e. Hybrid/ICE only mode, I have a couple of points to discuss / query.

Would I be correct to assume that what you lucky 450h+ owners are getting (mpg) is actually above what Lexus state for Hybrid/ICE only mode? Although I could not find that spec data.

When a 450h+ is in the Hybrid/ICE only mode, is the utilised hybrid battery capacity the same as in the 350h?? The ICE is the same I believe. 

So, would a 350h get similar, or even more, mpg in its standard Hybrid/ICE only mode than a 450h+, as the 350h is lighter ( by 160kg ) due to not having a heavy HV battery??

It would be good if any 350h owners can comment on their mpgs for comparison etc. I know that 350h's are as rare as rocking horse poo (waiting for mine), it seems that most users on here own a 450h+

I had a NX 350h as a courtesy car while my IS 300h was in for a service - took it for a good test drive and driving the same way as I would my IS over about 180 miles on a mix of roads I achieved around 45mpg - in my IS I would have achieved slightly better but the NX 350h was definitely better than the previous NX 300h for fuel consumption and noticeably more responsive.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

I had a NX 350h as a courtesy car while my IS 300h was in for a service - took it for a good test drive and driving the same way as I would my IS over about 180 miles on a mix of roads I achieved around 45mpg - in my IS I would have achieved slightly better but the NX 350h was definitely better than the previous NX 300h for fuel consumption and noticeably more responsive.

For the AWD 350h, Lexus state a WLTP combined mpg of 44.1 to 47.9, which is bang on to what you experienced. I also currently have an IS300h and regularly see mpg over 50 on my 36 mile drive to work and back.

• Like 1

My awd 350h has now done 4000 miles with a varied range of driving including towing a trailer and the mpg stands at 47.9. Hoping to get to 48, but not sure as regularly have a 200 mile trip to Cornwall keeping to the speed limits.

When the dreaded Link worked it showed 40 mpg towing and 65 mpg on a short trip !!!

The above figures are way better than my old Volvo xc60 diesel, so very pleased.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, imgo said:

When a 450h+ is in the Hybrid/ICE only mode, is the utilised hybrid battery capacity the same as in the 350h?? The ICE is the same I believe. 

So, would a 350h get similar, or even more, mpg in its standard Hybrid/ICE only mode than a 450h+, as the 350h is lighter ( by 160kg ) due to not having a heavy HV battery??

My NX350h has done just over 3,000 miles and the onboard computer is currently showing a total average mpg of 49.2 from new (I have never reset it). When I collected the car the mpg figure was 28 - I assume so relatively low due to the stop\start cycles and short distances driven when the car was being prepared by Lexus. So it's jumped quite considerably in 3,000 miles. On my typical 20 mile commute (some motorway\dual carriageway plus city roads) I achieve between 50 - 55 mpg and the percentage time spent & distance travelled in EV mode are both close to 60%. Very happy with that.

• Like 3

Many thanks Phil, Ian and Andy for your replies,  glad to know it's not just 450h+ owners who are pleased ( and surprised ) at their attained mpgs. I am so happy to have ordered my NX350h Takumi in February,  seems like I have made a good choice, just want it now and not 'estimated' ETA of April '23

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, imgo said:

Many thanks Phil, Ian and Andy for your replies,  glad to know it's not just 450h+ owners who are pleased ( and surprised ) at their attained mpgs. I am so happy to have ordered my NX350h Takumi in February,  seems like I have made a good choice, just want it now and not 'estimated' ETA of April '23

Yes, delivery times are very frustrating - I was tempted to look at ordering a NX 350h after having the courtesy car but when the dealer said at least 12 months wait decided to keep my IS 300h - just don't know what I am likely to be doing in a years time as in a life changing period at the moment... Will see what happens in the next year or so. Might decide to go for a used one when they start and hit the market assuming used car prices become more sensible...

When I test drove a 350h before placing my order, I noted 48mpg on my fairly modest and reasonable slow trundle round so, yes, I would expect this kind of mileage from the new car. An 8 to 10mpg improvement over the NX300h is pretty good, 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links