Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should you buy a Toyota/Lexus Hybrid ?

I loved his conclusions at the end, and having watched his other videos, always informative.

And he knows owning a car for 15 years in something worth aiming for (though that in itself means you have to be a Jap car owner)

• Like 1

Good video.  I have also watched some other videos this master technician has done. I like the way he makes his points in a clear and  understandable  way and without the horrible and unnecessary 'music'? that many people feel they have to add to presentations.  One further aspect that was not covered in this video but a purchaser needs to consider, is whether it is a good time to buy a full electric car now or wait until the next generation when better Battery technology and other advances may cause steep depreciation on present models and to some extent likely increased range on plug in cars with ICE.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barry14UK said:

One further aspect that was not covered in this video but a purchaser needs to consider, is whether it is a good time to buy a full electric car now or wait until the next generation when better battery technology and other advances may cause steep depreciation on present models and to some extent likely increased range on plug in cars with ICE.

A fully electric car has a Battery that will last a while and lose capacity over time.

When Battery is not holding capacity enough to your need you will want a new Battery and the rest of the car will probably be good enough to need 2 batteries before all worn out.

Convert a combustion car to LPG is a piece of cake and doing the same but to hydrogen is possible. Hydrogen is made from water and electricity and we do not need to get either from China or Russia.

Stupid people have shown us the way to go all electric. Shall we continue to elect these fools? They got us to import gas and oil from Russia and now they want us to import batteries from China.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Convert a combustion car to LPG is a piece of cake and doing the same but to hydrogen is possible. Hydrogen is made from water and electricity and we do not need to get either from China or Russia.

Am sorry, are you seriously saying you can DIY a hydrogen fuel cell engine??!!!???!!!

Do you even know the amount of energy needed to split water into hydrogen, capture the hydrogen, compress it and than store it?? Why would you do this when the electricity needed for that process can be used to provide motion in an EV directly???

Am really struggling to understand if you seriously believe in what you are posting.....you cannot be serious can you??

6 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

One further aspect that was not covered in this video but a purchaser needs to consider, is whether it is a good time to buy a full electric car now or wait until the next generation when better battery technology and other advances may cause steep depreciation on present models and to some extent likely increased range on plug in cars with ICE.

Good point Barry.

I guess he doesn't cover it, given that he's largely US focused, and the top 3 selling cars there are trucks, with not many rushing to buy EV's.

I quite like the videos of his I've seen, although don't agree with his view that 5000 mile oil changes are necessary. Not sure if he really thinks that, or is playing to the crowd.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:36 PM, Bluemarlin said:

Good point Barry.

I guess he doesn't cover it, given that he's largely US focused, and the top 3 selling cars there are trucks, with not many rushing to buy EV's.

I quite like the videos of his I've seen, although don't agree with his view that 5000 mile oil changes are necessary. Not sure if he really thinks that, or is playing to the crowd.

I read (in Car magazine) that BMW believe that the next Battery revolution and the advantages that entails is about 4 years away, 2026-2028.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links