Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie looking for a lc500

bingbongbing

4 hours ago, bingbongbing said:

Hi all.

Looking to jump from an Porsche 993 to a lc500.  Are there many owners here? Any cab owners?

Do we have anyone looking to sell?

Interesting. 993 to an LC500. Very different animals. Have you driven an LC?

2 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Interesting. 993 to an LC500. Very different animals. Have you driven an LC?

I have just gone from a 991 to the LC 500 and as flytvr said it is a completely different kind of car, but I love it

• Like 1

only a short drive, I'd love a longer drive.

I've got a 240z that I've been restoring, so that will give me my 'raw' b Road thrills.   The 993 will get replaced with a lc500(hopefully!).

I'd love to try a lc500 cab but could go for a coupe.  

I'm not a fan of the 991/992 range, too fat, too far away from what a Porsche should be, also there's just so many issues now the build quality isn't what it was.

4 hours ago, Flytvr said:

If you’re getting the raw from the Nissan and not trying to get that from the LC, then that could work 👍

Yeah, something engaging but more of a GT type thing.  No maintenance issues etc.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:05 AM, talaipwros said:

Would you mind sharing a comparison?

The 911  has a feel about it better than any car I have driven, in the sense of feeling the road and confidence on exactly what the car can and will do without being a rock hard uncomfortable ride like an Audi, It just feels right.

The LC 500 does not have anything like that sort of feel but it is not that sort of car, it’s strength is it just cruise’s along as easy and relaxing as you want to make it but it has a great sound at start up which the neighbours will hear the but not be to annoyed by, if you drive along steadily it’s not too noisy but put it in sport and you can have all the noise you need. It doesn’t have that instant acceleration of the Porsche, it takes a moment to get moving, but once your on the revs it just keeps pulling and any car under 5 seconds nowadays is more than you can use, my friend and next door neighbour has a new 911 turbo S and he can’t go any faster than me around town all of the sports/super cars nowadays you plant your foot to the floor and 2 seconds later your braking. But the main feature of the car is it’s looks and the interior, I never felt special sitting in the Porsche, you do feel it in the Lexus and you never stop looking back at it when you walk away. 911 are everywhere there are 3 in the apartment block where I live (part of the reason I didn’t get another one) , with the LC you are not seeing them everywhere ( I haven’t seen another one on the road yet) and all the looks (friendly looks and interest). It just puts a smile on my face every time I walk out to it . I did get that with the Vantage I used to have (interior not on same planet) but twice the price and the service costs and warranty will save you an absolute fortune.

Well that’s my Tuppennys worth.(I do waffle on)

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links