Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 2004 wont start, only manually with cable connecting relay module

Hi there,

first of all excuse me for my poor English.

I have been struggling with fixing the issue on my car, already spent around 450 euro. And still no result.

my car Battery died sometime ago, so I had to start it with connecting it to another car, to start up the Battery, next day same issue my Battery died, so again connected it to another car and at that moment my car didnt want to start anymore. So i bought new Battery, and didnt help. Brought it to repair garage, and seems like my car wont start unless I put the key on connect, and manually connect the relay with a cable, as u see on the picture. Only then my car will start.

I bought a new starter relay and it didnt help. It only works when I manually connect it with cable.

Ca

can anyone help me with this issue please ? 

thanks in advance.

C1F077C6-4061-44BE-949B-6BD8D1D699AD.jpeg

277A12B4-F7DA-445F-A3D7-2548B8CC340D.jpeg

CD6107EF-6C62-4FB6-82F6-F4780B0F4212.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

Have you had the alternator checked?

Hello,

yes its fine, this problem been going since march. So the altenator must be good right ? My car only starts if i do that on the picture, put key on contact and manually connect those 2 pins then it will turn on. When I put it on contact, all the lights work etc, all dashboard lights on, and security light stop flashing, and when i try to turn on the car, the lights on the radio etc go off and nothing happens.

and when i remove the key, then security light start flashing again. 

2 hours ago, Leganz said:

Hi there,

first of all excuse me for my poor English. Im Dutch

I have been struggling with fixing the issue on my car, already spent around 450 euro. And still no result.

my car battery died sometime ago, so I had to start it with connecting it to another car, to start up the battery, next day same issue my battery died, so again connected it to another car and at that moment my car didnt want to start anymore. So i bought new battery, and didnt help. Brought it to repair garage, and seems like my car wont start unless I put the key on connect, and manually connect the relay with a cable, as u see on the picture. Only then my car will start.

I bought a new starter relay and it didnt help. It only works when I manually connect it with cable.

Ca

can anyone help me with this issue please ? 

thanks in advance.

C1F077C6-4061-44BE-949B-6BD8D1D699AD.jpeg

277A12B4-F7DA-445F-A3D7-2548B8CC340D.jpeg

CD6107EF-6C62-4FB6-82F6-F4780B0F4212.jpeg

ps i did notice that my alarm system is not really working, there is no alarm turning on if try to open the door like before, but im not sure how long this has been like this… 😕 pff im really getting tired dont know what else i can do.

hi there,

anyone know if its possible couse i tried to start my car with the jumper cable, is it possible couse of that some short circuit happend ? And is it possible my ignition switch died couse of that ?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

just An update, i changed the contact ignition switch, bought a new one and changed it, and it still didnt help. And now all of a sudden both my headlights stopped working, i checked the fuses, and changed some of them for the headlights etc, and it didnt help.

im not sure if my headlights relay is broken, i didnt change that one yet.

Can anyone maybe help about the atarting issue please, anyone have any idea what it may be ?

thanks alot. 

1FC845AE-D5CF-44ED-8B08-551464453856.jpeg

Shorting out a relay is not a good idea, you could have done more damage - I would look for a wiring diagram without that you will be just trying all matter of things without knowing what you are doing - I would look at a dodge earth or grounding point, it doesnt look like the Battery has been the issue at all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links