Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P0087 Error

IS200d F-Sport

Hi Guys 

I have a 2012 IS200D F-Sport and it is a great car to drive but I always feel like it's a bit under powered.   I did some research and decided to get the Ecu remapped.   I took it to a tuner and before they did the remap they did a diagnostic report on the car and this has shown up the error code P0087 low fuel pressure.   They were fully booked so couldn't delve any deeper until next week. 

Has anyone encountered this issue and could enlighten me as to what I am potentially looking at fix wise? 

Hi Conor,

I'm afraid it can be quite hard to diagnose without the Toyota TechStream software, so do you have a copy?  If not, cheap ones can be found on eBay.

The suggestion is that the fuel pressure sensor is faulty:

image.thumb.png.ca01b9e0c844487563977dfa7225326c.png

If so, you need to check the values live using TechStream to see where they fall compared to these:

image.thumb.png.1e32a72345d9653fb3ec312650ea5412.png

It is then a case of further investigation if the values are outside these ranges.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Texas said:

Be careful you don’t end up turning your 200 into a 220😳

The margin is not that great there 150>179hp and you riding and hand grenade... and smoke shield.