Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First up let me say that my new RX300 that I have had for nearly a year now has proved to be a great car.

But just like anything, great can always be greater, so I thought I'd start a list of annoyances.

:tsktsk: The headlights (particulary the passenger side) are on permanent dazzle mode - great for attracting attention to your lovely car but not for the bloke you are following down the motorway.

:excl: The rear window is always covered in smears, the wiper is pretty ineffective and looking through the rear view mirror is not a pretty sight generally.

:excl: The front passenger seatbelt fastener bashes against the interior trim making an annoying noise unless it is positioned by hand not to.

:tsktsk: Front alloys have started to show corrosion on the interior edges (see other thread on this topic), they'll need replacing during my first service.

:excl: Front bumper and bonnet seem to pick up stone chips way too easily.

Not much I know, but a 35K car should be all it can be in my book, and some of these just seem down to quality control.

:tsktsk: The headlights (particulary the passenger side) are on permanent dazzle mode - great for attracting attention to your lovely car but not for the bloke you are following down the motorway.

:tsktsk: Front alloys have started to show corrosion on the interior edges (see other thread on this topic), they'll need replacing during my first service.

:tsktsk: If you have HID headlights there should be a sharp cut off (much sharper than ordinary headlamps). Otherwise there may be an adjustment or loading problem.

:tsktsk: I bought my car a year old. I replaced the alloys on warranty and have looked after them as recommended on the auto-detailing link on one of the pages on this site. The paint work of the alloys needs as much attention as the bodywork if not more. Mine are still like new after 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...
:tsktsk:  The headlights (particulary the passenger side) are on permanent dazzle mode - great for attracting attention to your lovely car but not for the bloke you are following down the motorway.

:tsktsk:  Front alloys have started to show corrosion on the interior edges (see other thread on this topic), they'll need replacing during my first service.

:tsktsk: If you have HID headlights there should be a sharp cut off (much sharper than ordinary headlamps). Otherwise there may be an adjustment or loading problem.

:tsktsk: I bought my car a year old. I replaced the alloys on warranty and have looked after them as recommended on the auto-detailing link on one of the pages on this site. The paint work of the alloys needs as much attention as the bodywork if not more. Mine are still like new after 2 years.

I've just noticed corrosion on my alloys - and it's only just 6 months old - a bit dissapointing for a £30K+ vehicle. I'll be getting the wheels changed at the first service - by which time it will probably be noticable enough to warrant it. alloys shouldn't have to be treated with kid gloves - Audi, VW and even Land Rover do a better job of finishing wheels from my experience.

I find the darkened rear glass difficult to see through when reversing off the drive in the dark but it's a small issue really.

The seat belt alarms really bugs me - it continues to chime even when the car is stationary. It's legal not to wear a seatbelt when reversing but Lexus is unable to differentiate this. Anyone know if it can be disabled?

The internal trim is great except for that imitation wood effect - it's really 70's and really naff. Lexus goes to great lengths with brushed aluminium around the window controls on the doors, then spoils it with imitation wood effect. Is it possible to get this changed for black or brushed ally?

I've picked up a couple of stone chips - and I don't do much motorway driving - tis a bit of a pity. Come on Lexus - how about another few coats of paint!

Other than that - it's perfect. I just love the driving position, irrespective of what Jeremy Clarkson says - and yes he's right you can get an Uzi in the glovebox :-)

:tsktsk: I bought my car a year old. I replaced the alloys on warranty and have looked after them as recommended on the auto-detailing link on one of the pages on this site. The paint work of the alloys needs as much attention as the bodywork if not more.

Please don't take this in an argumentative way, but do you really think a £35k 4x4 off-road vehicle (think what it's truly designed for!) should have alloy wheels that

needs as much attention as the bodywork if not more

My RX300-SE is due for delivery in 4 weeks. The alloy corrosion sounds a bit worrying, do Lexus replace these under warranty?

Yes. I mentioned the corrosion on my IS200 alloys to the service guys at Woodford during the 30Kand they replaced them with no argument at all :D .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links