Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Björn from ABBA owned '95 LS400 - Any other famous LS owners?

Just stumbled across this LS400 at an auction in Sweden which was originally owned by Björn Ulvéus. 

https://bilwebauctions.se/en/augustiauktion-2022/lexus-ls400-51279

Unfortunately for any Abba LS fans out there it has just been sold.  The final price works out to be just under £5k, which seems high but not crazy money.  I guess there's not so much of a premium to be paid for a car that was owned by someone famous after their height of fame. 

Anyway, this got me wondering, has anyone else owned an LS with a famous former owner?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TimUK said:

Anyway, this got me wondering, has anyone else owned an LS with a famous former owner?

Not quite,but I went to a Joe Brown concert about 10years ago and my wife bought a cd and got it autographed by him at the stage door.He then left in a chauffeur driven Lexus LS.

Nice,friendly and chatty bloke,an excellent entertainer,good guitar and mandolin player,but still hasn,t learnt to sing after all these years.bless him.I,be seen him quite a few times since,so I suppose his singing is growing on me.

• Like 1

John.

I don,t think he will need to do much mini cabbing or deliver pizzas or amazon parcels.If I remember correctly the copyright to quite a few of his songs were sold off years ago and Wacko Jacko bought them ..so Paul now has to pay every tim he performs them.

3 hours ago, DavidCM said:

If I remember correctly the copyright to quite a few of his songs were sold off years ago and Wacko Jacko bought them ..so Paul now has to pay every tim he performs them.

Yes but he subsequently bought the rights back.

15 hours ago, TimUK said:

this LS400 at an auction in Sweden

looks a stunning Aspen Green Mk3 sadly without original wheels whereas the real Top Guy has kept his originality a lot better  ( that's Bill Gates of course ) . with original wheels  ..  just like mine :whistling:

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

looks a stunning Aspen Green Mk3 sadly without original wheels whereas the real Top Guy has kept his originality a lot better  ( that's Bill Gates of course ) . with original wheels  ..  just like mine :whistling:

Malc

It's actually Crystal Quartz (4N1 paint code) over Dark Taupe.  Identical to mine except I have tan rather than black leather.  But I agree it would look better with original wheels....or even better with some decent 18s 😁

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

Surprised that nobody has mentioned Prince Albert of Monaco's LS600HL-glassback.

I have been to Monaco a few times, Bentley Continentals are the equivalent of a Ford Fiesta, can't recall seeing any Lexus vehicles.

19 hours ago, DavidCM said:

John.

I don,t think he will need to do much mini cabbing or deliver pizzas or Amazon parcels.If I remember correctly the copyright to quite a few of his songs were sold off years ago and Wacko Jacko bought them ..so Paul now has to pay every tim he performs them.

There are many ways to speak about people and you know one of them.

And the music has been bought back, so you are really not correct.

2 hours ago, Spock66 said:

Bentley Continentals are the equivalent of a Ford Fiesta, can't recall seeing any Lexus vehicles.

Not seen a Ford fiesta for such a long time ..........two of my neighbours have a Bentley, just ordinary one's mind you  ..  as one of several cars they each own ...  and I have the only Lexus for miles around I beleive now  ........  Bentleys  two a penny, well  a halfpenny each then in Queenborough :wink3:

Malc

3 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

And the music has been bought back, so you are really not correct.

So  I understand.That must have cost a pretty penny.

It's good to see he can (re)control his own music again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links