Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Brake disc size on standard 2010

Just looking to make sure whoever does the brakes buys the right size.

I say this because one garage is saying there are 2 sizes and another 2 have not got back to me on a price.

One other quoted me £310 whilst another quoted me £210.

Seems to be some confusion, im getting the feeling they dont like working on Lexus, one guy that did my service told me they are a pain.

I dont see see anything difficult though, for these tasks.

I know there is a 310, not sure about the other.

They have the reg, bit confused.

3 hours ago, SeanR said:

Just looking to make sure whoever does the brakes buys the right size.

I say this because one garage is saying there are 2 sizes and another 2 have not got back to me on a price.

One other quoted me £310 whilst another quoted me £210.

Seems to be some confusion, im getting the feeling they dont like working on Lexus, one guy that did my service told me they are a pain.

I dont see see anything difficult though, for these tasks.

I know there is a 310, not sure about the other.

They have the reg, bit confused.

They charge silly money! They are 310mm yes. Smaller size is used on IS220d and maybe IS250 with standard 16" wheels, the base model. It's £130 for a pair of brembo discs on Euro Car Parts

2 hours ago, H3XME said:

They charge silly money! They are 310mm yes. Smaller size is used on IS220d and maybe IS250 with standard 16" wheels, the base model. It's £130 for a pair of Brembo discs on Euro Car Parts

Absolutely, and then they often have 45-60% discount on brakes. I have bought brembo discs from ECP for as low as £40 per pair. I believe it was £38 for rear and £54 for front, although my rears were solid and not vented. Point is - both £210 and £310 is ridiculous money for piece of pot metal. 

I correct you here however - disc size has nothing to do with model spec or wheel size - one can easily fit 16" on the front, so they would fit on the rear with both vented and solid discs. The difference was - early cars until ~10/2006 had solid type, but it was upgraded for 2007 model year with vented discs in the rear for IS250. Whereas I believe IS220d kept them all the way until IS200d was introduced.

13 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

one can easily fit 16" on the front, so they would fit on the rear with both vented and solid discs. The difference was - early cars until ~10/2006 had solid type, but it was upgraded for 2007 model year with vented discs in the rear for IS250. Whereas I believe IS220d kept them all the way until IS200d was introduced.

I know you can. What I meant is that the IS250 base models with 16" wheels had smaller brakes IRCC just because it was a lower spec model, not because of clearance. Yes, 220d kept the smaller discs. 

4 minutes ago, H3XME said:

I know you can. What I meant is that the IS250 base models with 16" wheels had smaller brakes IRCC just because it was a lower spec model, not because of clearance. Yes, 220d kept the smaller discs. 

Nope, I had 2006 SE-L and it had smaller brakes (I actually have SE-L now and it has smaller brakes), so it had nothing to do with the trim. Unless maybe Sport or SR came with bigger brakes, but I am not sure about that. Either way it is moot point - 2010 IS250 definitely has vented rears. 

ATS just quoted £283.

Like i said, would have done it myself but drive aint as flat as i like it, only got a jack and an axel stand, plus backs at me and really dont want be bent over.

Il pay the £210, but realise im being ***** turpinated 

ATS is generally quite expensive. Apart of fitting tyres and doing wheel alignment I don't generally use them, but they are generally better than Kwikfit and Fraudfords. Perhaps you can use some independent shop? Because replacing brake disks is literally 10 minute job and requires no qualification and I can't imagine somebody doing it "wrong". Although I am sure fraudfords would manage to muck it up somehow. 

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

ATS just quoted £283.

Like i said, would have done it myself but drive aint as flat as i like it, only got a jack and an axel stand, plus backs at me and really dont want be bent over.

Il pay the £210, but realise im being ***** turpinated 

Mate, I'd do it for you for 50 quid lmao. shame youre £50 of fuel away 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Nope, I had 2006 SE-L and it had smaller brakes (I actually have SE-L now and it has smaller brakes), so it had nothing to do with the trim. Unless maybe Sport or SR came with bigger brakes, but I am not sure about that. Either way it is moot point - 2010 IS250 definitely has vented rears. 

Mine are 310mm vented on '08 SE so it must be the year like you say..

My main concern is that the garage doing it dont ring me to tell me they are seized up.

Suppose they have more kit there to have a go at sorting that, then i do.

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

ATS is generally quite expensive. Apart of fitting tyres and doing wheel alignment I don't generally use them, but they are generally better than Kwikfit and Fraudfords. Perhaps you can use some independent shop? Because replacing brake disks is literally 10 minute job and requires no qualification and I can't imagine somebody doing it "wrong". Although I am sure fraudfords would manage to muck it up somehow. 

Kwikfit are a set of thieves.

Once drove out of one of those places with my wheel scraping on wheel arch.

They wanted £275 for a spring on a fiesta, they tried telling me it was a pig of a job on those cars.

Garage up rd did it for£120

Anyways, im taking it to the independent garage tomoz, il live with the £210.

Hi, yes, £210 all in.

Said they were not the budget ones either, but i guess i will only find that out should i be cleaning the back wheels more often lol.

They said the front brakes, someone has put old pads back on new discs, i noticed they have a few  lines.

Terrible squeak on breaking, im sorting the back first as they are shot to pieces.

MOT is winter, i prefer messing with cars and sorting stuff out when its nice weather.

Well, they have done the back brakes and the squeel is still there.

Cant believe some muppet put older pads back on new discs.

Oh well

Unless its noise from the new brakes at the back bedding in, il see

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links