Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav

johnboy

Anyone got/used a pda with sat nav ?

are they any good?

We had an Ipaq with GPS and Tom Tom on demo at work for a while. Seemed okay, very clever bit of kit, but I think the artificial voice might get a bit annoying after a while (sounded like Steven Hawking on helium).

Prices seem to be coming down all the time - Halfords are supposed to be selling a GPS box for 400 quid now (no sign of it on their website anymore though).

I've got an iPaq 5450 w/ Globalsat BT-308 Bluetooth gps receiver that I use with TomTom3 - it's great but I always leave it at home (like when I went to MK and left it on the bedroom floor - d'oh!)

Works great mate! 5450 has a weak speaker which is the biggest let down but the software works fine. Doesn't quite seem right on roundabouts though - about the biggest problem I've got with it - ie it'll say "Straight over the roundabout, first left" which means turn left - confuses me!

Hi

I have a Nokia 6600 with wayfinder, which is quiet good, it too works from blue tooth gps adapter to the phone and cost £250...Not as good as the real thing though

Paul

Hi

I recently bought an Ipaq 2210 with Bluetooth GPS running CoPilot Live.

Great peice of kit. Superb satelite pickup.

I have it fitted in a Seido air vent mount with inbuilt speaker to amplify sound.

The only slight problem is with the pronounciation of certain words such as "miles" which sounds like "millies", can be a bit annoying but you get used to it.

Speed camera warnings are very usefull!!.

If you are serious about buying and have read the excellent reviews on the Pocket GPS Forums wbsite you will not go far wrong by purchasing your kit from Chetan at Handnavtechnology.com, superb advice and service to match.

I have recently purchased an IPAQ 2210 and TomTom Navigator 3 with wired GPS and have been very impressed with it.

I have also loaded full postcode lookup and speed camera location. The main advantage of these PDA sat nav systems is their portability, I can use mine in any car with a cigarette lighter at the fifth of the cost of the factory fitted option.

:D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links