Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Ride Is200 Se.....

Picked up my 6months old 03 pre-reg IS200 SE Astral black with 6 miles on the clock 3 weeks ago. done 700 miles so far, already there is a sizable stone chip on the bonnet :crybaby:

I;ve read that Lexus paint work isn't that great, but this is quite shocking. Am i just unlucky or they are that weak? Further more, there is a small 'bump' over the bonnet where the bonnet support is fixed, if you know what i mean.

The car is now back with the dealer to iron out the bump and hopefully they could do a good job and fix the stone chip at the same time.

Further more, I bought a set of TTE anti-roll bars, asked the dealer (Cardiff Lexus)to fit it for me. They say they had to check with head office, not sure about warranty and 'possible alteration with the handling quality of the car' WHAT :question: I thought that was the whole point!

Told them that these are toyota approved parts, shouldn't affect the warranty. I even had to tell them how it is done. i.e. take under car cover off, take old bars off, put new bars on, and everthing should fit like a glove. They will get back to me tomorrow.

They loan me an LE in the mean time, That HID headlight was awesome, like the auto dimming rear view mirror too.

I think i should have waited for Sports with SatNav,full leather with HID lights, body kits, reverse sensors, 25 inch wheels, 300bhp engine modifications, projector video onto the roof, along with that girl working in finance :)

called the dealer today, and yeap, they are repraying the WHOLE bonnet just because it has a small 'bump' and a stone chip. FOC. pretty impressed with that. :)

And they will fit the TTE antitoll bars for me for an hours labour cost, but they are still very jumpy about the possible effects on the suspension, tracking etc etc... I think they just don't want to be liable if anything goes wrong :duh:

will pick up the car tomorrow, and in the mean time, quite impressed with the loan car, is an automatic, comfortable little car, but i think i'll stick to the manual box. Somehow, an auto turns the car into a bird's car, what do you think? :shifty:

I think i should have waited for Sports with SatNav,full leather with HID lights, body kits, reverse sensors, 25 inch wheels, 300bhp engine modifications, projector video onto the roof, along with that girl working in finance :)

PMSL :lol::lol::lol:

I'll take that package too!!!

Do ya think the finance girl will make it onto the options list????

;)