Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Couple Of Onboard Laps Of Castle Combe Circuit

chips229

Hi all,heres a couple of onboard laps of Castle Combe Circuit..

For anyone looking at taking there car around the track on Saturday,and has not been around before...

This is from a few years ago,before you had to wear crash helmets..

Im driving me beloved Vauxhall Senator 24V Auto...

http://www.chips229.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/O...D%20SENATOR.wmv

The camcorder was fixed by a sucker mount bracket(i bought from the camera shop) to the rear window....oh by the way that is my misses,that was not long after i first met her,so she was abit nervous and she doesnt drive...so fair play to her for trusting me... :D

The cars also running the standard 205/65/15 tyres... :driving:

Not sure of the "blue thing" :D ...anyone going up there this saturday,be aware of these little low kit cars as it would be easy to run over the top of um,and look in your mirrors alot....nothing behind one glace...look again and theres some mighty TVR or Lotus Carlton bearing down on you,best to indicate and move out the way for um..

Take it steady for the first few laps,seen to many cars go off on there first lap :ohmy: .

also before this year,you had 5 laps and that was it...it was easy to cook your brakes in the first few....this year it will be a timed session of 15 minutes so you should be out on track for longer even more chance of cookin the brakes.. ;)

I will be up there on the AUTOBAHNSTORMERS pitch(bringing the 400 up)so dont be afraid to come over for a chat... :) i will keep a look out for is and ls Lexus models..

If you want to drive on the track,get there for the drivers safety meetings which i think start at 8.30am,and remember to sign the disclaimer form or they wont let you on...oh and theres a sound level test if your motors got a loud zorst. :o

There should also be less cars out on track so it should be safer.

Good luck.

Not sure if ive said this before in the posts

WARNING :excl: ANYONE GOING TO THE CASTLE COMBE TRACK/SHOW DAY TOMORROW...WHEN YOU GET NEAR TO COMBE...DRIVE TO THE SPEED LIMITS...IF YOU SPEED..Y O U W I L L G E T CAUGHT...

THE POLICE ARE REALLY HOT AROUND THE AREA WHAT EVER WAY YOU DRIVE IN FROM...THEY HAVE THERE CAMERAS AT THE READY... :ohmy:

You have been warned :winky: ;)

So where were all the Lexus fans today then...didnt see any Lexus out on track...where was you all parked up to then..i walked around the outside of the track,so i got at least one lap under me belt :D

Didnt see any Lexus parked up?