Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Run Flat Tyres

SHAHZ

True Fmrl, but it did also show you the cop car fotage when they had blow out about 100 + it was like being on a very scary kids round about. :ph34r: if it helps on a blow out I consider it.

True Fmrl, but it did also show you the cop car fotage when they had blow out about 100 + it was like being on a very scary kids round about. :ph34r: if it helps on a blow out I consider it.

:ohmy: i cant believe that they didnt hit anyone :blink

Bridestone has new runflats - were they them?

Cant remember colin ;)

If they are like the ones fitted to the SC430 then there are not worth it - their ride quality is very poor.

I had a test drive of an SC430 the ride seemed OK but the tyre noise was louder than my LS400. I suppose a change of tyre might have fixed that.

The other problem is there's no spare with the SC430. How are you supposed to rotate tyres without an axle stand?

I watched Fifth Gear last night (taped it from the night before). It was interesting that on the "simulated" blowouts that Tiff was doing they'd always pop the tyre just as he was doing a hard turn to make it look more spectacular.

Still something to be concerned about though - I checked my tyre pressures this morning!

I had a test drive of an SC430 the ride seemed OK but the tyre noise was louder than my LS400. I suppose a change of tyre might have fixed that.

The other problem is there's no spare with the SC430. How are you supposed to rotate tyres without an axle stand?

Was it the first year they came out or after they got rid of the runflats and modified the suspension?

I saw them...

Got quoted on the Dunlops.. £40 dearer then normal Dunlops.. each.

steve - which model were u looing at? i can find the sp9000 run flat in the US but its not listed on the uk site.

Just what you need if someone nicks your car - stinger proof tires!

That is a very good point as these tyres will become standard on a lot of cars ,probaly high performance and prestige first ,these are the car the thieves nick so will the stinger be made redundant ,and will thieves and joyriders target the cars with them on ,i think so .

yeah they have to go on special rims so if you buy a car with them on your stuck with em unless you change wheels and tyres ,would have them on mine any day ,had a blow out at 80mph in a capri and it frightend the life out of me

you only need a special rim if you have the tyre that has the steel cable around the bead of the tyre - the other run flats have thicker sidewalls so no need for a special rim.

thats right - altough they recomended having sensors fitted on each rim so that if you do get a flat you know :unsure: :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links