Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

An alle deutschsprachigen Mitglieder!

Leexus, wouldn't it be easier to use English, since it is a euro forum and not everyone in europe speaks German.

I know, not everyone speaks English, but I thing more people speak english then German in Europe.

Otherwise it would be better to call it the German.lexusownersclub.com

The European Union Commissioners announced today that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language standard for European communication, rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish.

In the first year, "s" will repalce the soft "c", Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. Also , the hard "c" will be replased with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion but keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replased by "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double leters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the fourth year peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "Z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer ze unecesary "o" or "u" can be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer ve vil hav a sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis, and evrivum vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

Ze drem vil finali kum tru. :bounce: :lol:

Originally posted by Richie

Leexus, wouldn't it be easier to use English, since it is a euro forum and not everyone in europe speaks German.

I know, not everyone speaks English, but I thing more people speak english then German in Europe.

Otherwise it would be better to call it the German.lexusownersclub.com

LOL! I know what you mean Richie but since Steve already posted the news (in english) i wanted to post it in german. I know there are some german speaking members here around....that doesn't mean that they can't read english...but....erhmmm....oh well.....i just did it in german :D

and richie...if you read the language post in euro you will see that it asks for other speaking persons to post the instructions in there language......please dont go biting ppl if the request is there.......

do you wish to translate the forum rules into dutch so that i can post them aswell.......i will be happy to do that........no one has said its a german forum,however i think you will find that Leexus is the only person to have translated everything so far into his language...................there by getting so far German and Austrian Members to sign up.

i would have thought that you would have been the first to praise and proote the euro forum richie rather than knock it...........especially after other language speakers help HAS been requested.

mat

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

and richie...if you read the language post in euro you will see that it asks for other speaking persons to post the instructions in there language......please dont go biting ppl if the request is there.......

do you wish to translate the forum rules into dutch so that i can post them aswell.......i will be happy to do that........no one has said its a german forum,however i think you will find that Leexus is the only person to have translated everything so far into his language...................there by getting so far German and Austrian Members to sign up.

i would have thought that you would have been the first to praise and proote the euro forum richie rather than knock it...........especially after other language speakers help HAS been requested.

mat

Mat, if you read Leexus' first post he said that it is a deutschsprachiges Forum.

That is why I posted my 1st reply in this thread to say that English would be better if it's a EUROPEAN forum. There arren't many people that speak German outside of Germany.

I do praise the idea of a Euro lexus owners club, but I thought that this was it :?: since we allready have a mainland section.

This is just my opinion..................

Richie is right !!!

It needs to be in english for proper communication !

Yes, it is true that we already do have an Euro forum inside TL. And sufficient... we're only a few.

Only the germans and austrians do speak german.

All other countrys do speak a different language. So are you prepared to make a forum for each other country,in their own language ??

better start off then for about 7 seven countries or even more I think, each in their "mother language".

Thisd is a ridicilous remark there on Richie's post.

I am with you Richie on this.

No one was offended with the "flint" post , I thought it was funny too. But if I were a German I wouldn't like that too much neither.

The point is that we, on the continent, can express ourselfs in at least 3 to 4 languages, maybe not perfectly, but understandable for anyone with some respective willingness . It can't be said for everyone.

So please let's act as grown ups, and make this place what it should be a community for people with the same interest, whatever their origine.

Amen

:rolleyes:

I don't know what is going on here. Why is everybody knocking on the euro forum? I don't get the point here.

Why the should I post in english in the euro forum? We already have the TL.

As far as I know, the euro forum wasn't suppost to be "english". I mean why should Steve launch another Forum where you have to post in english? That doesnt make any sence. And the reason why I said it's a geman speaking forum is cause I thought so...and since I was the only one who tried to fill up the forum with members...

Btw as far as I know the people in Swiss and Netherland can also speak german!

Yes,I am Dutch, I can speak a LITTLE German, but my English is much better.

Explain to me what the point of a euro forum is when when everything posted is in German. Not all the EU countries can read and/or speak German.

Please understand I am not attacking you or your idea for the forum, I just do not understand it.

#1 language in the world = english !

# 2 = spanish

# 3= french........

so why should we europeans, ( dutch, french, italian, spanish, danish, fins, norvegians, hungarian, yugoslavian, serbs, kosovars, polish, greeks etc.. speak german in a euroroom ??

you tell me leexus. !!

the universal language on the WWW WEB is ENGLISH !!

Originally posted by blue wax

so why should we europeans, ( dutch, french, italian, spanish, danish, fins, norvegians, hungarian, yugoslavian, serbs, kosovars, polish, greeks etc.. speak german in a euroroom ??

you tell me leexus. !!

Ok...I don't know what you exactly want from me. Can you pls show me where I said you HAVE to speak german in the euro forum? Did you read my post above? If not than pls read...if you did than pls do it again. I never said it's a must to speak german.

Also read Mat's post:

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

mat

leexus

Ok...I don't know what you exactly want from me. Can you pls show me where I said you HAVE to speak german in the euro forum? Did you read my post above? If not than pls read...if you did than pls do it again. I never said it's a must to speak german.

this is nothing personal leexus,

It's in order to cummunicate, and giving everyone accessing the forum the possibility to read all posts, there should be no language discrimination.

I don't see a portugees lexus owner reading your german posts. So he should be able to read all posts.

That's why and only.

I have no probs reading german, but there are more people then just me in that forum, who are non german.

verstehen sie was ich meine leexus?

This is becoming stupid...

The euro forums can speak in any language.... I put language packs on the forums so the navigation can be easier in their native language. If a German person was to ask a question in german then they would propably get a reply in german... this also goes for Spanish, french and even the english.

I will be moving the euro forums on team lexus to the new euro forums and as far as I am concerened you can speak what ever language you like!

Just stop being petty and let's see how it forms.. if it does not work i can change it....

this thread is pointless and i am closing it

This thread is the weakest link!

Good bye

ok,can i just clarify this to everyone........

its not a german forum ok........

its a euro forum as steve said........now please read this post from that forum

http://euro.lexusownersclub.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=4

now you will see it says if your from a country that doesent speak english to please translate the "change language" into your language ,so others can use the forum.

so for example if you richie translate the instructions into dutch.....more dutch speakers will be able to use the site........

if you blue wax translated into belgian then more belgians could use the site