Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h Put Back Again?

So I picked up Autocar (as I do every Tuesday) to find an article about all the new Lexus models lined up for the rest of the decade. Everything looks great - very exciting models..... but whats this? The RX400h release date is listed as March 2005!

So in January this year it was November which is when I put down the deposit. Then Autocar started listing the release date as January and a while later Lexus announced a Jan release.

Are we in for another delay till March? If so, is that the last put off or will it slip back and back?

Anyone got any solid info on this or even an informed guess?

My understanding is Jan 2005.

Not sure what to say about the Autocar report, all the timings seem to be out. I guess that it will be here when it will be here.

I am sure everyone at Lexus GB and Dealer level will want this asap but I would rather have right and late than wrong and early!

• 4 weeks later...
Why are you going to be one of the first to get the rx400h when it will look exactly like the rx330? I understand it will have more hp but the high dealer pricing on the hybrid is a killer.

Probably because it'll be cheaper to run - over here, we really do have reason to complain about fuel costs!

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you want to be one of the first to own. Would you not be better to wait a year until they get rid of all the tiny problems that it is sure to have.

That way you will love the car even more when it arrives.

I for one am a fairly impatient person - if i had to wait any longer than the delivery date, i think i'd be in danger of going mad.

I took delivery of my RX300 (2004) on May 15th 2003, which was the release date. I had no problems with that car.

Lexus quality control is fantastic, so I know that problems are unlikely and if they do occur, my car will get sorted. Also, the technology is currently working in the Prius. So I'm not really concerned.

Are you sure you want to be one of the first to own. Would you not be better to wait a year until they get rid of all the tiny problems that it is sure to have.

That way you will love the car even more when it arrives.

The way the orders are coming in for this means that the waiting time after launch may well be a year or more anyway!