Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well Its My Turn Now For A New Rear Bumper

well i leave my car parked in the road all day and guess what! some ***** has smashed into my rear bumper and now i need a new one. ok its not hanging off but both sides are pushed out and i think the plastic mounting is broken. so not happy!

anyone have a price for a new rear bumper in astral black?

We've just had a similar problem though didn't need a new bumper.......... Looks like someone has bumped up against our rear bumper of the IS and the clips which hold the bumper / styling kit onto the bodywork under the wheel-arch had broken.

Anyhow we took it into Lexus Sheffield and they had a look. They managed to rebolt the bumper on the nearside but had to fit a new dust insert in the off-side wheelarch and reconnected the bumper. charged 25 quid i think for the part and fitting.

Cheers

Dave.

The kind of people who do this sort of hit and run activity really need their ****s kicking very hard.

I was in York the other day, some bloke reversing bashed right into a parked car, broke the rear clusters and scraped the bumper of some guy's car and just drove away. I got his number and took the liberty of putting the details on the damaged car's windscreen so the owner could follow up.

Hit and runners, jealous car vandals etc. really make me seethe with fury. AND it is people like this who make our own insurance premiums rocket.

The Don, you have my sympathy. If you ever find the prat responsible, give him a good belting from me also.

Rant over... :yack:

Guest mark_tsang

you get lot of these people. my old mazda 323f front bumper got slightly scuffed as some cowboy builder in a renault kango work van left it stationery & rolled back as i was behind him, i beeped but still didnt stop & accused me of going into him even tho my foot was on the brake. of course i didnt pay for something he done.

just got back from the bodyshop, diagnosis :-

New rear bumper and spray

rear pannel need beating and straigtning

plus

after looking at the crap job lexus notting ham did on my front end prior delivery to me, i need a whole front end respray!!!!! i wanna scream!!! ahhhhhh