Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Pad Change

tempo

i know this sounds stupid but what happens when you change your brake pads. i

just had my pads changed EBC green stuff all round today. just drove 100miles

and i know you have to give the pads time to sit properly but should i get instant

grip after pad change or will it take a little longer. i find that the brakes on the

aristo (dont know about GS300) are not efficient for a big car with so much power.

i know some people will disagree with me.

has anyone done anything to their braking system. i changed my front disc to EBC

but i dont notice the difference.

Hi Sid,

It would normally take around 250 Miles before you start to notice any major differences, I changed both front pads and discs for the front and rear, had to do about 100 miles, strip out the pads and use copper grease to give the smooth movement on the pads, after that it was around an extra 150 before I started to notice the difference in braking. Just make sure you replace the springs for the pads. They normally weaken when you remove them to replace the pads.

BR

Paul

Do you have the TT model? If so you shouldn't be using Green Stuff pads on something as powerful as that - their Red Stuff pads should be used.

Having said that I have used Red Stuff before on my Supra and they were so so poor compared to the OEM pads.

• 7 months later...

Do you have to change the rotors too?

And if so can I use back the Aristo wheels?

if you have an Aristo then the Supra TT calipers will fit bolt-on/without any modifications.  Most people that tune their Aristo TT will go for this one, since this is the cheapest upgrade.

The calipers can be have for approx. GBP350 - 400 brandnew.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links