Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

thinking of selling my `97 mk1 sport

10" rears

fully serviced with very recent cam belt change

very low milage.just under 60,000

very good condition new rear tyres etc etc etc

i know i am going to take a hit on this as i have owned it just over a year and stands me at 12k

finances first,toys later

thanks in advance

This is what the 'What Car' verdict is...

Dealer £8,454

Private £7,743

Part Ex £5,947

Trade £5,759

Cost New £36,900

Lexus GS (93-98) 300 Sport 4dr

Saloon 4dr

1996-P

Mileage 60,000

Questionable looks, mediocre ride, short on driver appeal. Beautifully built extensively equipped but rear cabin space limited. Lacks the prestige of its Mercedes and BMW rivals.

Tyres and suspension are vulnerable if wheels are badly kerbed. Brakes need regular overhaul. Engines last if maintained

Oct 95 GS300 Sport Intr with upgraded susp, larger alloys, and r/spoiler.

Oct 97 Discont.

Re-introduce with 218bhp and 5sp auto. Now with c/control and lthr upholstery.

For some reason, they didn't list a 97 model.

I think you will get more than that for it i would say around 8.5k.It's one of them cars that fetches more than book and someone will pay extra for the low mileage etc .It will be all about waiting for the right person to come along .

I think you will get more than that for it i would say around 8.5k.It's one of them cars that fetches more than book and someone will pay extra for the low mileage etc .It will be all about waiting for the right person to come along .

Can't agree more!

:driving:

cheers

i was hoping for around the 9k mark

will give it a few days more thought and maybee it will be on the site for sale.

had bm`s , jags ,etc etc

but i will be ****** if this has to go

a better ride than my ex wife. ( thinking about that...so is a skateboard)

cheers

i was hoping for around the 9k mark

will give it a few days more thought and maybee it will be on the site for sale.

had bm`s , jags ,etc etc

but i will be ****** if this has to go

a better ride than my ex wife. ( thinking about that...so is a skateboard)

:lol::lol:

Hi everyone :D

Do they really fetch more than book value?

My MK1 is 97R 10" rears with privacy glass. Admitedly, its done 135K and the alloys are a bit ratty, but it still drives nicely and doesn't rattle - I had trouble almost giving it away about a year ago, but now its really got to go cos I need a 4X4 for towing.

My neighbour says I should install a furry dashboard and advertise

it as a p*mp-mobile :lol:

Oh well, sadly she's got to go...in your opinion, is it worth spending money tidying up the wheels and a couple of other minor blemishes, or would a prospective buyer want to knock a few quid off to sort them out him/herself?

I would let some one knock you down on the price for the wheels,It will make them feel like they have a good deal and stop them knocking you down on something else .as for the blemishes i would get them done by dentmaster etc as it might put people of and will probaly not cost the earth to put right .your car has a lot going for it like the 10 inch rears that people seem to realy want but are very hard to get hold of .what colour is it .if it's white it's a hard one to sell.have you tried advertising it on this site .

White??? No, thank goodness :lol: Its Silver with grey leather

I advertised it on Autotrader last year (had 10k less miles on it then) for about £7500 which generated 1 enquiry from a dealer who offered less than 5K...I didn't know about this forum then of course.

Its got a small patch of paint missing near one headlamp so I think I'll try to get that sorted before advertising on here. Guess I'm going to need the whole wing resprayed???

Thanks for the guidance, mudzs. I will get some pics posted up if I can - I haven't seen many with the dark glass fitted.

:offtopic:

If I can't find a buyer, does anyone here know how well it would tow a boat? It weighs about a ton-and-a-half.

Would fitting a towbar be sacriledge???

Is that 1200Kg braked WITH the oil cooler or does the capacity increase after its fitted?

Also, because its a sport its pretty low on the ground already - my trailer package is 1500kg with 120kg nose-weight. I'm worried it will scrape its backside...! :crying:

fit a tow bar and keep it....

i made my own detatchable tow bar a few months ago and have the socket underneath out of sight.

10 mins to fit the ball to the tow bar and i am up and away,

there is no sign whatsoever with the ball off that anyone could tell it has one on

yes it is legal.

only cars registered`98 and onwards need the british standard kite mark

mine is `97

and i am a welder by trade also

cost me

£10 for the steel to make the tow bar and

£50 for auto electrician to fit and wire socket.

i wasn`t skimping,i just wanted my own design and being able to take it off with nothing at all showing