Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paint Codes...

smudger

Halfords...... Bl**dy useless!!

I have recently purchased a second hand sports grill for my IS 200. Its in great nick, but it needs respraying.

No problem I thought, as the paint codes have been posted on here. So I wrote down the code for Granite Sky and procced to Halfords. First I went to Nottingham branch. They didn't trust the code, then couldn't find a match on their mixing computer so all the answer I got back was "sorry mate that colour doesn't exsist!" So I tried to explain, showing my car but they said they couldn't mix it without a code..... TW*TS! :tsktsk:

I have now just came back from the Leicester branch where I got the same treatment! Now is it something about the code or are all Halfords staff Idiots (Im sorry for labeling you all, I know there are goods ones somewhere)

Well I'm off the Lexus Nottingham next week for a service so I'll see about getting there.

Sorry about the rant, but I had to get that off my chest.... :blush:

Smudge

Why not just get some from the dealer ?  :unsure:

tony is still telling jokes i see :lol:

probably the week or so wait

or their ignorance of not knowing the product exists :o

a PM to Chris Shipley and it arrives in the post a few days later.

Smudger

I had exactly the same experience as yourselves with the big H, they couldn't find the code for Granite Sky so I posted on here and was given the Lexus part number from Chris Shipley ( He is the Man) and I have ordered the paint from Lexus Bracknell, it is due in on Friday, apparently you get a can of paint and a can of laquer all for £7.62+vat. (Cheaper than the big H as well.)

The part number I was given and have ordered is PZ448-C1C60-15

:D :D