Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Against Quickshift Noise

I have the B&M Quickshift. Like it. But the ratteling noise in revs over 4500 are getting on my nervs.

Even passengers dislike it. Saying what did you do with your Lex :unsure:

But they like the clunking noise while gearshift :) This is cool.

There must be something to solve this problem?!!

:driving:

I'm always here! what else would I do at work!! :ph34r: Yep what I did was two things.

No1: First I put some expanding foam from underneath (you know that rubbery stuff used for filling gaps) had to take off the exhaust to do this.

No2: I also replaced the rubber seal which you take off with the oem shift.

This was done by buying a rubber Mat about 5mm thick. Cut a spuare out about 6-7" and within that cut a circle out to fit around the quickshift. slip this over the top of the quickshift.

Seal it around the quickshift and on to the bodypan with slicone sealant.

I don't know if No1 has worked as every so often I see some foam on my drive :lol: So it may of fallen out!! :whistling:

But No2 has made it sound just like it used to

Oh also the metal ring that you fit over the quickshift I covered in tape, as I found it was vibrating on the metal cover you put over the top.

No2: I also replaced the rubber seal which you take off with the oem shift.

This was done by buying a rubber Mat about 5mm thick. Cut a spuare out about 6-7" and within that cut a circle out to fit around the quickshift. slip this over the top of the quickshift.

Seal it around the quickshift and on to the bodypan with slicone sealant.

Which rupper seal do you mean? The lower one or the seal which goes up to the shift knop? Or replace both seals with one rubber-mat?

If you have a look at your old gearshift its got a rubber skirt around it. Just cut out a square the same size as that at fit it over the quickshift.

Thats why there if more noise, cuz there isn't as much insulation between you and the outside.

The gap filler was some sort of wall filler. I'll have a look when I get back home. But I think the above should sort it out, as well as taping up the metal ring (the one that fits over the quickshift cover)

Ah, now I understand what you meant.

All rubbers are installed. There can't be more Noise from outside than before.

What I mean is a ratteling noise which comes directly from the gear lever (in high revs, and lower than 1500 1/min on full throttle).

Today I apart-built everything again.

I know where it comes from. There is to much manufacturing tolerance in the ball joint of the gear lever :( The lever doesn' get enough hold in its joint (register accuracy?). Seems to be 0.2mm (you can even rattle it by hand). So there were wrong bushings set or it is worn out while driving. But it shouldn't. I fitted it just 2 weeks ago.

Perhaps some high temp grease will sort this out.

Is this poor quality? I don't know/hope so.

The only chance to get rid of this is to open up the joint and mill the cylinder about 0.1mm (have i said this right?)

or

open up and build in another set of bushings (does somebody have bushings)

or

warranty? :shutit:

Does nobody else have this kind of problem?

If I'm the only one, this ist typical for me :geek: