Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Am In Da Club....

hertsALTEZZAcol

Hi,

After looking round the IS200s, borrowing a six cylinder sport model from Lexus Edgware for the day, and test driving a "beams" engined import Altezza on 30000 miles, (210bhp) is that right? and four cylinders, dual vvti?

I have bought an S reg altezza first mot after import was Dec 2003, so info please if you would. The engine looks as big as the uk model, so I think I have the "AS200" model

1. So the sva has been sorted then, as it has its first mot, will this mean it will be ok on emissions every retest at end of year, or can the emissions keep fluctuating?

The seller of the Altezza stated that the clock had been readjusted to work in MPH.

He stated this, and I had to take his word for it.......Drove on motorway from south wales to Hemel Hempstead. The trip route fro rac.co.uk stated 141 miles, and I had reset the counter when I set off and it took "151" in total, so I guess that, yes it is adding up in mph rather than KPH.

What the seller did state in his sales advert/selling point, is that the caR WAS (UK) 53000 MILES.

When I got to look at the car, it reads in numbers on the odometer, but the numbers are reading "86000".....................................

So, he said that it has been recalibrated to show mph speeds(in order to know 70 on the dials is 70 mph etc).

But, he stated that since coming over from japan, the respected kph mileage of 86000, has not been rechamgerd on the digital odometer reader as a k/ph to m/ph reading. And if this was done, the car has only done 53000 miles since registration.

Is this correct, would I have a 86000 kilometres reading car that needs resetting to 53000 miles, or has the car actually done 86000 miles? (s would a kph to mph adjustment carry this out at the time?)

A few questions striaght off there then. but I love it, it definitely is the six cylinder import with the unmistakeable six cylinder purr under kickdown on the auto box.

Gold membership and LOC stickers hereI come.

Cheers guys.

Hi mate welcome to the club

Sounds like you have a AS200 there if its 6 cly engine its the same one thats in the lexus is200.Sure its about 150 bhp standard

The RS200 has the 4cyl beams engine in it.210bhp and has beams written on top of the engine funnily enough!!

The emisions should be the same again unless you remove the cat or tamper with exhaust.

I would have thought when they converted the spedeo they would have done the odometer as well.Im sure its the one module that plugs in to back of dash that converts the KMPH to MPH and KM to MILES at the same time. 86000km definitly converts to 530000 miles (1km=0.62 miles)

You should ask if the car has a bimta certificate or any documents to support what miles it had before it was imported that would tell you the mileage that it had in japan before it arrived here.If you reckon that when you drove it home the mileage was about right then it must have been converted to miles.

Hope that helps a bit

If the engine doesn't have the big BEAMS lettering across the engine then you have the AS200.

Check the chassis number:

SXE10 = RS200

GFE10 = AS200 = IS200 (I think!)

Well there are 2 ways to alter the speedo, the cheap way and the more expensive way.

The cheap way just changes everything after the conversion, so the display shows mph and odometer records in miles now. This doesn't alter the previous recorded distance travelled i.e. still km

The other way does everything even the past distance travelled, ie it will show mileage done.

Sounds like you have the first way. Nothing wrong with that, as I had that on my FTO! You may need some proof like a certificate or document for resale purposes.

in terms of emissions, SVA is far stricter (ASk Jasear! :) than MOT so as Scott said if you dont tamper with CAT you should be ok for further MOT's (unless this changes drastically!)

Hope this helps as I'm waiting for mine too! :D

good stuff.

Im sure the car can't be 86000 miles? As it was only imported in Dec 2003, 86000 miles would be 139000 kilometres or thereabouts.

Would that not be well over the Jap mileage recomendation thingy about how old in mileage their cars can get before being scrapped or exported.

There is no BEAMS on the engine, so I have an AS200, probably in same spec as an "S" then with standard 17 inch alloys. But ne way, I didnt have nough cash for a UK spec, so for the drive of the car I am happy.

I have a BITMA certificate proving the car not stolen before leaving Japan, etc. Phoned them up on the number on the back of the certificate, it has not been mileage verified.

I can get this request done by filling a form on their website and paying 14.99.

I hope the good news results in it being nearer 50K miles, not 86K miles.

And Twotone, I was is200col prev, (re pms over 130000 mile is200) and since I had bought the Altezza I had to change the log in name, of course

Hi mate, Great choice in car, excellent to see another Altezza owner ( albeit an AS200, lots of these coming into the country lately)

Just out of curiosity.... did you get the car off eBay??? Picture looks the same.

Looks like your questions have already been answered mate...

You can get your Odometer reset into miles... If you get the BIMTA mileage certificate done, there are several companies (particularly SVA stations) that will reset the odometer into miles as you would get on a UK car..

Happy motoring!!

Hi Scott

Yes, you are an avid ebayer then!

I went from Hemel Hempstead to Euston to paddingto train station and got the Great Western service to Newport and on to Cwmbran.

A 2 1/2 hr journey in total and completely worth it. Just sweating over my beemer selling now though as I have put myself into temporary debt until the beemer sells.

one more thing, it is the old 6 cd changer that has the sticking problem no doubt (not tried yet).

Cause it is a known problem, would LEXUS UK do a good deal on a trade to one of the newer cd/tape chager units in the dash anyone?

I hope the mileage comes back in your favour mate

You would have some legal comeback if the person that had sold to you had advertised it as 53K miles and it turned out to be 86K miles.

Make sure you keep a hold of any adverts or reciept of sale till you get the mileage confimed.

Your car looks good from the pics :D

Welcome to the club too. just watch monitor what fuel consumptions like. Mines totally crap, 300miles to a tank of anything (unleaded or optimax) is unlikely even if its driven really slow.