Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hand Free Installation

Just got my first IS200 last night and am wondering does the standard Nokia handsfree kit work? Where is the best mounting position and can it be done without having to screw / glue anything to the dash?

Also I have the radio mute feature on the handsfree kit but in my last car it only ever muted the front speakers, is it possible to mute all six whe3n I get it installed in the Lexus?

DB :blink:

Well I've fitted mine like this............

I bought the 'console' from HERE and i think it cost about £55 if my memory serves me correct. They are dead easy to fit, 2 clips, which means no drilling and no unsightly holes if/when you sell the car. Matching leather in various colours. Can't go wrong. :lol: B)

post-26-1082715425.jpg

I now have bluetooth...no cradle B)

I use the Bluetooth kit aswell. I just mount my cradle on the console. I thought it was illegal to use a Bluetooth kit WITHOUT a cradle. :unsure:

Sshhhhhhhhhhh :crying:

I never dial anyone whilst I'm driving and I only ever answer my phone calls by using the button fitted to the dash. Oh yeah, and I never send texts whilst driving either. :)

Also I have the radio mute feature on the handsfree kit but in my last car it only ever muted the front speakers, is it possible to mute all six whe3n I get it installed in the Lexus?

DB :blink:

:whistling: Back to the subject. Yes but you will have to use a relay to drop the power to the radio which will turn it off rather than mute it, as there is no radio mute on the stock stereo.

n30jjb  Report Post Quote 

Apr 23 2004, 10:39 AM

QUOTE (Drummerboy @ Apr 23 2004, 09:41 AM)

DB 

Back to the subject. Yes but you will have to use a relay to drop the power to the radio which will turn it off rather than mute it, as there is no radio mute on the stock stereo. 

i got the 6210 cradle with mute active on my stereo.

its the yellow wire from the handsfree kit inserted behind the stereo.